What perf board is recommended to handle 6A of current?

Interestor

Joined Jul 25, 2021
If your load is 2.4A (2 motors maybe?) and the rest of your control system consumes a few mA then the feed from the power supply will only be just over 2.4A, even if your PSU is rated at 6A. Current is 'pulled' not pushed... Of course, if your loads are motors and 1.2A is the run current then the starting or stall currents could be much higher.
my bad. its stall current is 1.2A. im guessing the operating current will not reach 1.2A. its a mg946R servo motor

Interestor

Joined Jul 25, 2021
No where near, prob 500mA or so...
when i started the project, i have little to no knowledge in all these electronic stuffs. i only found out about it while im doing the project. Therefore, once i found out that the servo motor have a initial surge of current, i thought the breadboard might not be able to support it. Hence, i decided to upgrade the wire and to a stripboard. Things seems to flow better now and not as bad as when i was using the breadboard. The project i am doing is a small scale dual-axis solar tracker with LDR sensors.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Yes, breadboards are great for some things, but you have to be wary of high-currents and high-frequencies. They work well as interconnects between, say, an Arduino and servos, or doing low-frequency input signal conditioning for the ADC but you have to route power separately, especially for anything spikey like motors.

Put a 10uF and a100nF capacitor in parallel across the servo power feed... will help suppress noise...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Plastic plug-in breadboards? A loooong time ago I used them to breadboard small microprocessor circuits, modems, and things like that. Just one intermittent connection can turn into hours of blind troubleshooting. Yeah, they are ok for simple low speed, low power circuits but I don't want to be bothered anymore. Anything I build these days is held together with solder,not friction.