What makes a plug-in hybrid either a 300v system or a 500v system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybridking864

Joined Feb 26, 2017
  1. I'm looking to upgrade my 13 Ford Fusion energi from a 240v to a 500v charging system! I've seen that normal wire can handle up to 1,000v and up to 200amp w a 0awg wire. Is this true? If so how can I convert this car to a 500v charging system? Also, I've heard from a third party that if I wanted to put a different electric battery in this car I could; but I would have to access the computer system to have it recognize the new battery.

Is it the hybrid cells that allows u to charge either at 300 or 500v?, is it the wiring, the converter, or something else in the charging system? I know normally this would be a easy and stupid question, but, with hybrid cars I know it's quite a bit different!

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Hibridking........Millions of man hrs. both have and will be spent trying to develop a high density---quick charge device. Not to mention the billions in support of those man hrs.

The first person that patents a reliable device.........will be much richer than bill gates plus apple.

And it will put one hell of a load on the grid. Local power plants will probably be needed.
In other words...when this device is perfected....there will be a huge increase in power demand.

You and everybody else.....will use and demand much more power.

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The use of such a device (10-15 yrs) will probably put more CO2 into the air than all the history of burning coal.

Think of our worldwide manufacturing, marketing and delivery chains.

Energy will now be available and therefore used everywhere. It will change the world quickly.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Perhaps you forgot this Thread from a week ago?
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/upgrading-from-240-to-480v-charger.132694/

Asking again will not change the fact that the electric parts of a vehicle are designed to work with each other like a team. Trying to double its charging voltage without re-designing the rest of the car is like plugging your 120 volt kitchen toaster into a 240 volt outlet. The only improvement will be how fast it burns up or melts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.