What kind of microcontroller should I get?

HappyC4mper

Joined Oct 13, 2017
Hey guys,
im doing a project, making a tennis sensor which detects the speed of the racket and maybe the location of where the ball hit the string bed of the racket. Im planning on sending the data live via Bluetooth. So I need help in choosing a micro controller that’s small enough to fit on the beam of the racket. Maybe a micro controller that can support Arduino as it seems easier to code. Is there any suggestions?

HappyC4mper

Joined Oct 13, 2017
And the answer is: Atmel ATtiny20-UUR: 1.55 x 1.40 x 0.53 mm, WLCSP-12, 10 gpio, 0.4mm pitch (the winner)

Good luck. Please give us updates.

Edit: Wow, I just realized that response is 4 months old (https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/84800/what-are-the-smallest-microcontrollers). There must have been major advances since.
you need Bluetooth - look at Nordic
nRF52832System on chip
Versatile Bluetooth 5.2 SoC supporting Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth mesh and NFC
Thanks for the suggestions!
I should’ve mentioned that I was looking for some kind of Arduino/nucleo board?
Dumb question but what’s the difference in getting a board instead of the micro controller just on its own like the atmel for example?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Dumb question but what’s the difference in getting a board instead of the micro controller just on its own like the atmel for example?
hi H,
Using an Arduino Uno or Mega, means you will have all the support peripherals on the PCB and there are a number of Shields that support even more add ons.

E

Last edited: