What is this connector? I need a tool to crimp wires into it.

Thread Starter


Joined Feb 11, 2020
I've got this housing plug that I need to squish some wires into, but I think I need a specific kind of tool in order to get them in there. I think the plug is designed to penetrate the plastic shielding around the wires. The connector has "U-2 amp" on it, and no other markings. It's for a bowling alley computer. I haven't had any success figuring out what it is from Google, as it's also probably very old.

Thank you.



Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have one of those tools. It is made of plastic and the centre pins last for only so long.
I repaired it by inserting square metal pins to replace the worn plastic pins.


Joined Feb 28, 2009
We called them IDC (Insulation Displacement Connector) type connectors. They are more frequently seen to connect ribbon wire to a header. There should also be a cover that snaps on, once the wires are pressed down on the conductive pins.