What is this component?

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
it was in internal component. no one would be able to see it... if it does glow. hrm
Can you post a better picture (no flash, and taken from the other side) so the flash reflections and the lettering don't obscure what's inside the envelope?

It appears to be a tiny neon glow lamp, and if it's not a visual indicator it might be used as a switch, an oscillator, a voltage regulator, etc., etc.

Google "GE glow lamp manual" for some sites where you can download the manual for free, but CAUTION!, it's a huge .pdf.

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hi,
i saw it inside the starter of the flouresent lamp . it flicker and lit steadily once the bulb is on.

2nd it used in the grounding circuit of the ac line inputs to monitor any leakage going to the earth gnd.
usually in the power supply circuit of pwm (smps circuits) of the copier system and the likes

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
The neon bulb can be use for many purpose. It's a couple of Giga Ohms resistor, it's a 60....90 (maybe) volts diac, photo sensitive parts too. As Juneler said, it has many amazing features.

jgreene44

Joined Dec 8, 2016
ok I think you guys are defiantly correct. I did find this as part of some power source. Very likely from a printer. hrm. ok. Sorry i couldn't post better pix. That one is pretty good actually. It is very tiny. One said 180v ac or dc. Direct to 180v or no way?