What is this component: XOȲA 3A

CHARGED

Joined Nov 9, 2019
Hi, does anybody know this XOȲA 3A SMD component? (maybe even have a datasheet?)
Picture is added below.
It looks very similar to a S8050 J3Y smd transistor.
But what's the difference?

Looking forward to any help.
Snapshot XOYA.jpg

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

According to a SMD marking index https://smd.yooneed.one/... Possibly

X0Y
R3119N090A
Ricoh
SOT-23-5
Voltage detector IC
9.0V±1.5%, -Reset ODO

XO
2SK209-O
Toshiba
SOT-23
FET n-type
GP, 50V, 10mA, 150mW, Idss=0.6..1.4mA

Last edited:

CHARGED

Joined Nov 9, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

According to a SMD marking index https://smd.yooneed.one/... Possibly

X0Y
R3119N090A
Ricoh
SOT-23-5
Voltage detector IC
9.0V±1.5%, -Reset ODO

XO
2SK209-O
Toshiba
SOT-23
FET n-type
GP, 50V, 10mA, 150mW, Idss=0.6..1.4mA
Thanks for your fast reply and welcoming me on this forum.

The suggested component looks right, and also thanks for providing the site.

Wish you a great weekend!

Best regards from The Netherlands

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It might help to show a wider screenshot of the component location on the board to narrow down the type of device.

Edit: I just noticed SOT-23-5 is a 5 leg device so that is not it.

CHARGED

Joined Nov 9, 2019
Snapshot@2019_1109_144434.jpg

Looks like current is to be applied to the base of the transistor with the help of 4,7 kOhm resistor and therefore a bigger current will flow to power the PC fans.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
View attachment 190948

Looks like current is to be applied to the base of the transistor with the help of 4,7 kOhm resistor and therefore a bigger current will flow to power the PC fans.
4700 marking on the resistor indicates it's a 470Ω resistor, not 4.7KΩ. The last digit is a ten's multiplier. Since the last digit is zero then it is not multiplied. Just the 470 indicates the resistance. Or to explain it another way, the last digit indicates how many more zeros to add to the first three numbers. A 4.7KΩ resistor would be marked 4701, the "1" indicating the number of zeros to be added to the first three digits.

Also, being a four digit marking it indicates a precision resistor. I wouldn't think a PC fan would require a precision voltage. If you can post another picture without the fogging out of the connector so we can see where some of those traces go - we might be able to give you a better guess. But at present I'm not willing to call that component anything.

One more question for you - - - why do you want to know that component? Is it bad? How do you know? Is the fan not working and you're assuming the component is not functioning? Before replacing parts - fully diagnose the problem.

CHARGED

Joined Nov 9, 2019
Sorry for that mistake I indeed meant a 470 ohm, thanks for pointing that out.
The reason for me wanting to know is mainly out of curiosity and potentially use it in further designs.
I should point out that I labeled the drain as 12V but this must be the ground.
The 12 V is directly connected to + terminal of the JST connector.
Bringing the transistor into saturation mode connects the fans to ground, thus turning them on.Snapshot@2019_1109_190545.jpg