What is the name for a digital audio output DIP port?

Andrew Armstrong

Joined Sep 7, 2016
Hi! Can somebody please help me source a digital audio optical output port , if possible on the Farnell website : http://uk.farnell.com/

I am looking for the Digital Optical Out port seen on the left of this picture :

Something suitable for DIP would be great.

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
There is a conversion circuit needed to change laser light into electricity before you can mount a connector in a printed circuit board.
Searching google show's some possible matches at alibaba
I do not click on links to that site, but you are welcome to do so.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Pdf is saying it cannot be opened.

Search for Toshiba TOSLINK adaptors and it will appear. You can get manf. Part numbers that will help you track down a seller.

Andrew Armstrong

Joined Sep 7, 2016
Pdf is saying it cannot be opened.

Search for Toshiba TOSLINK adaptors and it will appear. You can get manf. Part numbers that will help you track down a seller.
Searching for that really doesn't result in any useful outcomes. I really just need a source / supplier where I can purchase one of these Toshiba TOSLINK adaptors! Seems like i'm not the only one finding it hard to come by!

Andrew Armstrong

Joined Sep 7, 2016
OK
-1 has TWO large plastic pins for PCB mounting, uses self-tapping screw
-2 has THREE large plastic pins for PCB mounting, uses self-tapping screw
-3 has TWO large plastic pins, no place for a screw

See the PC Layout pattern for each.

So basically they have a different PCB layout pattern and two of them mount with screws.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
DIP means double in-line package (of ICs), just like all the old logic chips and whatnot. The word you are probably looking for is through hole, as oposed to smd.