What is the major challenge for operating an inverter ?

Abdurrahman Çolak

Joined Apr 18, 2019
What is the major challenge for operating an inverter ? this is one of the questions I got on quiz and yet I still dont have a proper answer I google and checks books yet there is nothing about ' difficulties or problems or such as challenges about operating inverters . İf u have a simple answer I would be glad to hear since I'll take exam in couple days and this might show up.

Ty in advance...

Uilnaydar

Joined Jan 30, 2008
I'm going to assume you are at a level that you are able to start thinking about designing an inverter (3rd year-ish?). So break down the problem:
  • What does an inverter do? (I'm guessing this is a general question so function specifications aren't needed, just what does it do)
  • What needs to happen to make the input into the output? (Main block)
  • Inside the main block, what are some of the sub-functions needed to perform the main block's function?
By the time you get to this stage, you will start answering the question. What can go wrong inside that main block?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
What type of inverter?

I have never built one. I would assume the greatest operational challenge, would be maintaining a constant output voltage under a varying load.