What is the easiest application(website) that you can make that uses database?

terabaaphoonmein

Joined Jul 19, 2020
I have an upcoming assignment that I need to make an application that uses database, that has frontend. What can I make? Things I am thinking about-:

1) User authentication

2) To do website.

What else are possible, please open my mind?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Home data logger. Records temperature inside/outside, electrical current consumption, front door motion detection events, etc.

Inventory system for something you collect (baseball cards, coins, electronic components, geodes, whatever). Can store names, descriptions, pictures, locations, values, etc.

Work/school commute time tracker. Captures what time you left, what time you arrived, what route you took, weather conditions, Google's traffic data at the time of your commute, etc.

Budgeting tool. Enter all your income and expenses, it forecasts how much money you'll need to pay bills and when it will be ok to spend a little extra on fun stuff without regret.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
I have an upcoming assignment that I need to make an application that uses database, that has frontend. What can I make? Things I am thinking about-:

1) User authentication

2) To do website.

What else are possible, please open my mind?
Any of the ideas listed above but I want to mention something.

In the real world of serious professional website/webapp development there are established architectural principles that are more important to learn and understand than simply having an app talk to a database.

For example a public facing webapp should - ideally - have no concept of databases or tables or any of that stuff, it should instead interact with another software component (a "service") that hides all that.

Furthermore the webapp should be unable to access or connect to the network where the database is situated, instead it will interact with a component that serves as a proxy, the DB would ideally be completely inaccessible from the public internet.

In reality the public facing webapp will be hosted on some machine or vm or clould host that is different to the hosts where the services run and the databases are.

There's a lot more to this too, I don't want to scare you, just bring it to your attention, sure you can if you want create a neat little website that talks to a DB directly, but without a good understanding of these kinds of issues you'll end up learning some bad habits!