hi! I was wondering if some one knew the early voltage for the 2907a pnp bjt or knew a circuit that I could use to find it. I have a power supply, multimeter, and function generator.
The Early voltage of most BJT transistors is not well controlled and most SPICE models use a convenient value that is hopefully in a useful ballpark range. Most transistor data sheets, particularly for non-RF transistors, don't give you enough information to even estimate it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a data sheet that even showed the classic family of Ic vs Vce curves that you see in virtually every text book.So I am going to assume that Va for the 2907 is 122. Does this Va change? Because there have been other posts saying the Va is 50 or 16.
p1 p2
k ---O---------O--------------
/
/
/
--------------------------------------------------> Vce
k is the knee of the Ic vs Vce curve