What is FOB in electronic

Aliehghaghi

Joined Jul 24, 2020
Hi
I faced with a problem. We have a servo mitsubishi amplifier that has an alarm. When i refer to catalogue to find the causes of this errror. It has been written : FOB is improper on circuit printed board. Now really I coudn't understand what is FOB. I surffed on the internet and actually I couldn't find anything related to electronics. I would appreciate if someone could help me.
What is FOB in pbc or in electronic?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

You need to show the printed circuit board, if we are to guess. In translated materials, sometimes the words chosen are not the best choices, and acronyms (e.g., PCB) are particularly difficult to translate since word order differs in different languages.

My off the cuff guess is that FOB may have to do with a part(s) description (what we might call BOM). A FOB can also something that is be plugged in. Fuse On Board? There are just too many possibilities.

Aliehghaghi

Joined Jul 24, 2020
I will send the picture of pcb but there is no fuse on board. Acually I gussed it is a fuse but there is no fuse on the board. Description of alarm is: card abnormality (A/D) and its cause is: FOB is improper on circuit printed board and remedy is : replace the board. But I want to repair the board because it is an old mitsubishi servo amplifier and we don't have any spare part.
Thank you for your help.
If you get any new information please inform me. I need urgent help since the machine doesn't work and my employer insists to repair it.

Aliehghaghi

Joined Jul 24, 2020
hiAli,
Ref this link.

https://www.nexpcb.com/blog/an-introduction-to-fpc-materials

The FPC On Board (FOB) process is a brand-new methodology which involves soldering FPCs and PCBs together by SMT (Surface Mount Technology) reflow soldering. It combines both soft and hard board bonding processes.25 Jul 2019

E
Thank you for your reply. I found this link on the internet but there is no FPC on this board. That is completely a rigid pcb.I will send the picture of the board tomorrow.

Today, the term key fob is most closely associated with the small devices used to gain entry into apartment buildings or commercial offices. A fob, commonly called a key fob, is a small security hardware device with built-in authentication used to control and secure access to computer systems, network services, and data. The key fob displays a randomly generated access code, which changes periodically — usually every 30 to 60 seconds. The user first authenticates themselves on the key fob with a personal identification number (PIN), followed by the current code displayed on the device.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
None of which makes sense. Fob, in the key fob sense wouldnt be written in capitals 'FOB'. FOB is clearly an acronym for something, maybe described elsewhere in the service manual or other related documentation.

Can you post a link to the document, or identify the servo amplifier model # etc.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
On some appliances a fault code starts with F. Is the second digit a zero or a letter Oh? Could the B actaully be a 8?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
See post #4: "The FPC On Board (FOB) process is a brand-new methodology which involves soldering FPC..."
From 2019, yet its fairly clear from post #3 this servo amplifier is older technology, and judging by some searching on Internet, probably pre-2010 so that 'brand-new methodology' probably doesn't apply.

FOB could equally mean "Fault On Board", it makes as much sense!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you get any new information please inform me. I need urgent help since the machine doesn't work and my employer insists to repair it.
That statement right there should raise big red flags and set off loud alarms. Anybody who insists on a particular solution has his head up in a really dark anatomical place and is not likely to entertain alternative solutions. You are being setup to fail. If you are comfortable with that, then by all means continue on your present path. Sounds like it is cheaper to whip you then to spend actual money.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
This is an old post so hopefully an answer was obtained in time!
If in N.A. There are Mitsubishi centres that can answer most questions or technical queries.
Max.