What is a Self 100uf ?

silverakon

Joined Nov 27, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am currently repairing a welding machine, SAF NERTAZIP SR and as I was looking at the different component in the manual in the line L1-2-3-4 it is written Self 100uF but I don't know what is a self 100uF and what it looks like. If you could point me to what it should look like or what component I can use to replace it, it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance Screenshot_20221127-155105_Chrome.jpg

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We have a multi-pronged conflict!

"L" is the standard reference designator for an inductor, also known as a coil. The units of inductance are Henries, denoted with the capital H.
The "μF" designation is micro-Farads which is a unit of capacitance.

When it comes to inductors, they have a "Self Resonant" frequency which is expressed in Hertz, formerly called "cycles per second" prior to 1960.

This is a colossal cukup, and I have no idea how to interpret this documentation nightmare.

silverakon

Joined Nov 27, 2022
We have a multi-pronged conflict!

"L" is the standard reference designator for an inductor, also known as a coil. The units of inductance are Henries, denoted with the capital H.
The "μF" designation is micro-Farads which is a unit of capacitance.

When it comes to inductors, they have a "Self Resonant" frequency which is expressed in Hertz, formerly called "cycles per second" prior to 1960.

This is a colossal cukup, and I have no idea how to interpret this documentation nightmare.
Thank you for your answer and the clarification for the self resonant. In the picture below you could see the circuit itself with the component that are connected in the L places. The component when tested, read : 0.01mH with a 0.23Ohm resistance.

Maybe with that you may have a better view of the problem.IMG-20221021-WA0015.jpg