What I Did Last Weekend ...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I don't remember any forum members getting married to each other since *I* joined, anyway! Perhaps the real old-timers would know...
WOW! I knew you two knew eachother, but I didn't know you knew each other that well! That's awesome! Totally trumps my one-day meetup with Mr. Chips.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Great!

Congrats to both of you! This was good news.

Have AAC become a dating site now? Or did you meet elsewhere?

Great photos, and thanks for sharing the pictures!
We met because of AAC. It was part of the initial connection several years ago.

AAC as a dating site?...I don't think that is the image that it really wants to cultivate...or is it?

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
T

Now the only question is who is going to tell who to get off AAC at the end of the day to spend more time with them? :p
And the answer is...the kitties. We are foster parents for Second Chance, an animal rescue organization and we foster kittens. On Friday we get a new litter consisting of seven two-week-old bottle babies. If you don't hear much from Sgt Wookie for a while, it will be because he's feeding the babies, constantly.

I dare you to ask him about the kitties. It's his favorite subject, besides electronics. :)

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
And the answer is...the kitties. We are foster parents for Second Chance, an animal rescue organization and we foster kittens. On Friday we get a new litter consisting of seven two-week-old bottle babies. If you don't hear much from Sgt Wookie for a while, it will because he's feeding the babies, constantly.

I dare you to ask him about the kitties. It's his favorite subject, besides electronics. :)
I have two Siamese of my own, both are very demanding. They require a lot of attention and care but are worth every bit of it. I have also been known to take care of some animals for other people.

I just wanted to let you both know I admire what you're doing for these animals. It's a very thoughtful thing, and I wish you all the best.

Regards,
Matt

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
WOW! I knew you two knew eachother, but I didn't know you knew each other that well! That's awesome! Totally trumps my one-day meetup with Mr. Chips.
It's been on her profile for a long time.

1chance said:
Don't you have one of those wedding events looming in your future? As long you don't equate The Wedding March with a death march, you'll be fine.
Yes, so good of you to remember. We're going to try to squeeze it in before the year is out. The difficult thing about it is I'm living away from home right now.

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Besides trains as well?

We've got a tuxedo. He's acts more like a dog than a cat at times - occasionally he'll fetch a foam ball when he's in the mood. Although he drops it farther and farther out of reach each time he brings it back - alpha kitty. Of course our dogs, while we had them, never played fetch so go figure.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I just found this thread, sorry to dig it up but I have to say congratulations to both of you and the train looks amazing!!
I'm glad something so positive came of this site!! :D