What goes on in California?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Some bring up illegal fireworks from Mexico to sell to idiots for the 4th of July.
It would appear the people in that house will be low on inventory this year. :rolleyes:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
There are regular complaints about "bombs" going off around here as the good ole boys play with their Tannerite and black powder. The unknowing attribute it to bombs being dropped at the bombing range here where actually there is no live ordnance used. The hot-shot pilots do occasionally get a bit throttle frisky and go supersonic leaving the area or circling back for another run and rattle a few windows.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Reminiscent of a house down the street from my employer in Mt. View California during the mid-1970's oil embargo. They had a garbage can full of gasoline in the living room. 1 died in the fire.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Some bring up illegal fireworks from Mexico to sell to idiots for the 4th of July.
It would appear the people in that house will be low on inventory this year. :rolleyes:
There's been a severe crack down here by the government in the last decade. Things are now far more orderly, regulated and safe than in the old days... we still have a black market, and hence accidents from time to time, though.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Fireworks are manufactured legally in Washington state.

In 2016, a 15 year old boy from Vancouver, WA started a fire in Oregon along the Columbia River (Eagle Creek) with firecrackers, which are illegal in Oregon, he and his friends brought from Washington. He burned 75 square miles of property destroying almost 2000 homes.

He was fined $37M, but only has to make payments for 10 years and the rest will be forgiven if he keeps up on his payments. They should have held his parents responsible and bankrupted them.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
In Massachusetts, fireworks are illegal. But, they are sold legally in NH. Fourth of July, New Years and when a Boston sports team wins another championship, fireworks are very common here.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I was in Texas a few years back, at a good old boys BBQ,
After a good few beers, before driving home across fields so as not to break law !
night ended up with shooting into air and trying to see how close to you the round would land in the sand !!

I do love your country, but some times I do think the stayed English might have a point about fire arms.