What education for 21 old foreigner in UK

Itrim

Joined Oct 12, 2016
Hi.
Basically I finished my education in Poland after A-level and moved to UK with promise of education and well paid engineering job. And I got it. After a year of checking what I really want to do I found myself liking automatics and electrical control staff. My employer send me to college for Modern Apprenticeship(electrical engineering) for a year but it has very low level in my subject(actually it gives just SVQ 3 without any serious knowledge).

It is worth to mention that in Poland I learn C++ and Pascal(basics, no A-level), advance math(44% not perfect but still pass and basic version I pass with 76%), English(speaking 66%, writing 98%). Here I did some English courses(2 more years to finish it).

I already did few projects on relays and now finishing one on Siemens Logo(which is nearly finish just need to assemble in production area).

My questions is: What is should aiming for? How and where can I get more knowledge and skills? I want to be recognized as a professional industrial automation engineer/designer. Here is just a time problem because my employer is happy to pay for all my courses, but not allow me to left factory for longer paid period(unless I leave, but this job is too good paid). I thinking about Beckhoff PLC course, but I know it is not enough. Another course I want to do it is high voltage.

By the way. Is here someone who work with Beckhoff Twincat 3? What I should order to create simple programs in this environment.

Thanks for answers.

Itrim

Joined Oct 12, 2016
Just before UK leaves EU I will be able to do British citizenship if not I have 3 more years to learn things.

Lyonspride

Joined Jan 6, 2014
Hi.
Basically I finished my education in Poland after A-level and moved to UK with promise of education and well paid engineering job.
Well your in for disappointment, it's sad but pretty young/dumb admin girls generally get paid more than engineers in this country. In one example i've seen a pretty young 18yo receptionist (who previously worked in KFC) was earning £25'000, while a 30yo design engineer was earning £18'000 in the same company (with unpaid overtime). This only one example, I could recall many more.........
I think generally in the UK, engineering pays half what it does in other developed nations, with few exceptions. It's an undervalued job title, because literally anyone can call themselves an engineer.