What does that op-amp circuit ?

xx98burak98xx

Joined Dec 25, 2019
i am learning it ... But not enough to understand what is goin on there cuz i usually see components in inverting pin. But in here, components are connected to non-inverting pin. So i am confused...

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
as the feedback elements have impedance you can start temporarily replacing caps with resistors and then vice versa the resistors with caps and then try to tell what the original circuit does

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i am learning it ... But not enough to understand what is goin on there cuz i usually see components in inverting pin. But in here, components are connected to non-inverting pin. So i am confused...
So make your best attempt to analyze it. It's just an op-amp circuit. What do you know about (ideal) opamp circuits?

You need to show YOUR best attempt to do SOMETHING with the circuit that was assigned to YOU to analyze.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The structure is similar to high-pass filter.
Even if it is, "similar" isn't good enough, plus the impact that the negative feedback has on the circuit behavior is often very counter-intuitive, which is why you should analyze the circuit without trying to impose any preconceived expectations on it.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi xx,
OK,
When you have read thru it, post your understanding on how it works and its purpose.;)
We can then check your work.
E

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thanks man. That's absolutely what i wanted!
So now you can do your homework without learning or even attempting to learn how to analyze a simple opamp circuit. I'm sure that's going to work out real well for you when you are given a slightly different circuit on your exam and can't get people on the internet to show you where you can find the results of someone else that could do the analysis.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
hi xx,
OK,
When you have read thru it, post your understanding on how it works and its purpose.;)
We can then check your work.
E
What motivation does he have to do that? Clearly he is not interested in even attempting to analyze a circuit that he was given and instead found someone to give him exactly what he wanted -- which does not include learning of any kind. He has his answer and there's little reason to believe he has any interest in going any further -- otherwise he would already of at least made an attempt to do so.

Even if it is, "similar" isn't good enough, plus the impact that the negative feedback has on the circuit behavior is often very counter-intuitive, which is why you should analyze the circuit without trying to impose any preconceived expectations on it.
Eventually you found that my guess was right.

After 15 years of experience I can tell at a glance what you need for an hour and a computer.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Eventually you found that my guess was right.
Engineering isn't about guessing. But that's neither here nor there. This appears to be an opamp circuit analysis problem assigned for the purpose of helping the student develop circuit analysis skills, which clearly this student needs to improve. Just shoving an answer in their face is not doing them any favors.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
After 15 years of experience I can tell at a glance what you need for an hour and a computer.
Who says I need an hour -- or a computer at all -- in order to tell what that particular circuit is. Even if I did, it would be immaterial. So hurray for you! How does showing off what you can do after fifteen years of experience help the student learn a thing about analyzing a pretty simple op-amp circuit?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
lol man why you are so upbraiding ? i am just newbie. you just make me undermotivated...
First off, not seeing much of any motivation at all, so hard to get undermotivated from that starting point.

I've tried to get you to make even just a starting attempt at analyzing that circuit and you won't. You just want someone to spoon feed the answer to you. Well, congratulations, you found a couple people to do that for you and you are satisfied.

If and when you are interested in putting in some effort to learn how to analyze that circuit, I (and others) will be more than willing to review your work and provide guidance as needed.