What do you want for Christmas ???

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Comes pretty close to mine.

I need some specialized shelves though, to hold banker boxes. About 18 of them.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I asked Santa for a Chromebox, which I'll remove the limited ChromeOS and replace it with Linux. I plan to use it for a media server and perhaps a web server. Also, a stud finder, because I'm tried of guessing where the stud is and making extraneous holes in my walls.
Speaking of shelves, there are shelves I just completed in my garage. They are super-spacious and super-cheap!

DSC01006.JPG

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
To find the new home I am looking for which has to have a room just for all the stuff, bench, PC and instruments. That has been the stumbling block every time. Certainly, not easy.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Working for an MSP (managed services provider) or IT consulting. The company, Wave Technologies, has been growing rapidly and needs help in supporting their clients networks as well as a larger goal. I'll be also setting processes in place for multiple sites, as well as standards and procedures going forward. Of course these will require appropriate metrics to measure our success.

That's my before I start work opinion. Check in a week later!

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Good for you! Last Friday I got the job I always wanted -- I work from home for a engineering firm making network gear. But it's only guaranteed to last 2-3 weeks :(

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Personally, I would like a new skeleton for Christmas, or at least to grow a new set of teeth.
Why go half way? Just install me in an 18 year old person that has never tried boxing or tackle football. :D

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Sunday I got my first Christmas gifts .. I picked up a Hp G56-129wm with a bad battery and a Emerson Bluetooth speaker that the bluetooth works but no sound come out. So its time for a upgrade and repair.. Hey me lol!!!!!!!

Jay Sr

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I just want everything that the santa screwed up on from my entire life for christmas. :(

For supposedly seeing everything and checking his list twice he sure made a lot of mistakes on who got what and how many when I was still a good kid. :mad:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Just a box of magic pills
1) to eliminate hate and belligerence from the human race,
2) to cure all known diseases,
3) to get politicians to co-operate and do something useful instead of constantly slanging each other.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Talk about luck. I just got what I wanted for Christmas.

My 8mm camcorder died many years ago so I am stuck with about fifty 8mm tapes that I wanted to backup on to a digital format. I have searched for a replacement on ebay many times but found the price and cost for shipping too high for my pocket book.

Every month or so I visit the local used stores in search of a camcorder, with no luck. Then yesterday I was in a city 500km from home. I figured, what the heck, let me check out the used store in that city. As luck would have it, they had a camcorder, exactly the same brand and model as my broken one.

Took it home and it works like a charm. So there goes my Christmas holidays. I will be spending hours converting all those tapes to a 1TB hard drive.