What Device for Two HDMI + One Mic?

zakmuh

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are well. I need to record a practising interview at home. So I'm to use two DSLRs + one microphone. I need a device (a switch?) to which I can input two HDMIs from DSLR and one mic (audio in?), and then take two HDMI outputs; one for TV and the other for HDMI capture card.

As the controller, I should be able to switch between two videos (interviewer and interviewee) but only ONE mic. So on the TV (and recording HDMI capture card) video will be switched between two but the audio will be the same.

Please could you help me with the name of this device and where I can get one from? My budget is between £100 and £500.

I'd really appreciate your advice on this.

Cheers

Zak

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Do you need to be able to do this live, on the fly? If not, just about any home computer from the last 5-10 years should be up to the task, probably on free software too!

If it does need real time processing, then it sounds like you need an actual video mixing console, which appears to be an expensive proposition:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/sear...Type=default&ci=2865&srtclk=sort&N=4028759398

It's been nearly 20 years since I dealt with pro video editing equipment, so my knowledge is stone age at this point. There may be better and/or cheaper ways to get it done, but that's all I know about.

This may not be the right forum for this question. I also frequent gearslutz.com, which is primarily about audio, not video, but does include numerous members with high level video knowledge and skills. You might get better help there. I'd assume there are similar forums specifically for video work as well, but I don't personally know about any of them.

Good luck!

zakmuh

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Hello,

Thanks a trillion for your reply. Yes its for live recording and that is the one I was looking for. Its around £440 in the UK so I'll go for it.

Cheers

Zak