what device can i used other than Zener diode for constant voltage

AKSHAYMUKUND

Joined Apr 21, 2022
Welcome to AAC.

What is your application? That will influence the answer.
iot based project i need a 10v supply constant to make my LDO on . but whenever i increase the current nearly about 130amp then my zener is burn in that case i need same switching circuit that can provide a path for excess current

AKSHAYMUKUND

Joined Apr 21, 2022
Show us a schematic of the circuit you are currently using and hopefully we can guide you from there.
How long will it have to shunt 130A?
yes nearly about 130-140A and then the Zener diode is burn I'm using up to 18w Zener diode still it happen i need some switching circuit in between capacitor and Zener like a switch have any idea about than

Last edited:

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
What is your source voltage? The power you have to dissipate is 140A x (Source voltage - 10V)
One thing you WILL need is a heatsink, and it won't be a small heatsink.
Even if your source voltage is only 12V, you will still need to dissipate 280W, and that need a heatsink rated at 0.17°C/W, so you will probably also need a fan.

AKSHAYMUKUND

Joined Apr 21, 2022
What is your source voltage? The power you have to dissipate is 140A x (Source voltage - 10V)
One thing you WILL need is a heatsink, and it won't be a small heatsink.
Even if your source voltage is only 12V, you will still need to dissipate 280W, and that need a heatsink rated at 0.17°C/W, so you will probably also need a fan.
ok I will try this thanks for the suggestion .what you think about mosfet as a switch in between capacitor and zener?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
ok I will try this thanks for the suggestion .what you think about mosfet as a switch in between capacitor and zener?
See Fig. 31 of the datasheet I referenced in post #9.
You can use a MOSFET instead of the BJT, or you can use several devices in parallel.