What are these Connectors, I require Adapters???

Fleaflyflo

Joined Dec 21, 2020
Can anyone tell me what these are so I can find and buy the adapters to get the appliances going?
I reckon they’re old, do you think I can still find them somewhere?
They are attached to waterbed heating matts. Cheers all
92EA75E4-8F60-41CE-BC8B-E2B4BD906BC6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
What voltage? For waterbeds, they may be low voltage connectors, not designed of household AC wall outlets. You need more information, what voltages doe the heaters operate at???

Fleaflyflo

Joined Dec 21, 2020
What voltage? For waterbeds, they may be low voltage connectors, not designed of household AC wall outlets. You need more information, what voltages doe the heaters operate at???
Both say 120V. So I guess I could just swap out the plugs.... just looked like something was made to plug in to a converter or something along those lines...

Attachments

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
I'm beginning to think that one plug is for a thermostat, the other is for power. You would need the right controller to use those plugs. One cannot just plug a heater into the wall without some "safety" device like a thermostat.

Fleaflyflo

Joined Dec 21, 2020
I'm beginning to think that one plug is for a thermostat, the other is for power. You would need the right controller to use those plugs. One cannot just plug a heater into the wall without some "safety" device like a thermostat.
Makes sense. Cheers

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Those remind me of some old vintage plugs used for appliances, The male (with round pins) was on the appliance, and the female was connected to a cord with conventional flat contacts. They were used on things like electric frying pans and such in the 40's and early 50's. Probably before that too.

Here is a link to a museum that shows several of the female plugs: https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/ApplConn_classic2.html

Fleaflyflo

Joined Dec 21, 2020
Those remind me of some old vintage plugs used for appliances, The male (with round pins) was on the appliance, and the female was connected to a cord with conventional flat contacts. They were used on things like electric frying pans and such in the 40's and early 50's. Probably before that too.

Here is a link to a museum that shows several of the female plugs: https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/ApplConn_classic2.html
Wow that old huh!? lol