What Am I Doing Wrong?

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
Its a transfer function. from time domain to s-domain. that is what s means
It is a complex number used as the frequency parameter in Laplace transforms. I am glad you know it does not stand for series. So moving on....

What is the solution to your circuit?

AND.

If:
R = 2000 ohms
C1 = 3 F
C2 = 6 F
L = 5 H

What is the transfer function?

Last edited:

bembe 24

Joined Aug 10, 2016
It is a complex number used as the frequency and phase parameter in Laplace transforms. I am glad you know it does not stand for series. So moving on....

What is the solution to your circuit?

AND.

If:
R = 2000 ohms
C1 = 3 F
C2 = 6 F
L = 5 H

What is the transfer function?
there were no given values of each component. What you see is what you get :D. Its just a constant variable.
TF = 5/90s^2 + 9
is it correct??

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
It is not correct. I can't help you if you don't show me each step of how you got to your solution.

Just giving you the answer will teach you nothing.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
so if C1, L and C2 are in parrallel, then rewrite the equation with respect to the impedance then does this make

1/Cs + Ls + 1/Cs right?
As has already been noted, you can't just assume that C1 and C2 have the same value. So your solution must reflect this reality.

Also, you need to pay attention to order of operations.

1/Cs is equivalent to (1/C)s which is equivalent to s/C.

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
"Sorry" doesn't make it any more visible.

If it says what I think it says it is not correct. The setup is correct but your algebra is wrong somewhere and since, once again despite requests, you show none of your steps I can't help you. Maybe you have no steps and are just guessing. Either way I can't help you.

Also, I think your notation is misleading if not incorrect. It looks like you are subscripting s: s1, s2. There is only one s. Subscript the capacitors: C1,C2. Where applicable, putting s in front of C would make it more legible.

Last edited: