What a pathetic Super Bowl so far

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What a pathetic Super Bowl so far.

1. Broncos are playing like some amateur pickup team.

2. Commercials stink big time.

Bruno Mars just might be the highlight of the game. I guess it would take a pretty dismal game for that to happen. :eek:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Oh well so much for Bruno Mars. The Bronco's first half performance was better.

What were the organizers thinking?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Waste of an evening. I got some stuff printed while the game "played" out, but not nearly what I had hoped. I cannot second the vote for bruno mars. That performance was as pathetic as the broncos performance. The transition into and out of RHCP was awkward, confusing and irritating. I hope I am able to erase it from my mind so I do not have to relive it every time I hear RHCP. Also, bruno mars sucked all on his own. I like one or two of his songs, or at least I did until the radio played them into the dirt, and the live performance was enough to make me delete even those songs from my playlist (just kidding, they were never on my playlist).

Notice I had more to say about half time than the game.

And yeah, weak commercials. The ford one was especially irritating.

WOW, I did not realize how bitter I was about it. Give me a keyboard and watch out! Lol, good night folks.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I programmed about 50 Atmel AVR chips for a client while all of this was going on. I had a productive evening. Thanks spinnaker for keeping me up to date. Useful to know so I'm not out of the loop in the morning. I don't watch TV.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
On a lighter note, at least the anthem wasn't butchered as badly as it usually is. I can't stand it when overinflated musicians think that they're God's gift to the world's collective auditory system and that they can "improve" the anthem. When you are selected to sing the anthem, you should feel honored that you carry the responsibility. You should not suppose that the audience is honored to hear YOU sing it. The audience is not there to hear you, they are there to hear the anthem. you should practice tirelessly and sing it the way it is supposed to be sung, not the way you think it sounds best.

You don't change the colors on the flag, and you don't change the sound of the anthem. I can't believe we allow this. Other countries don't allow their anthems to be defiled. Did you hear of Arnel Pineda's (new lead singer for Journey) controversial rendition of the Filipino national anthem at the Manny Pacquiao fight a couple of years ago? The Filipino government threatened him with prison time, a fine, and an official invitation to never sing the anthem again in public.

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/phil...tion-hits-a-sour-note-in-philippines-1.598180

Ok, now I'm going to bed for real

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
On a lighter note, at least the anthem wasn't butchered as badly as it usually is. I can't stand it when overinflated musicians think that they're God's gift to the world's collective auditory system and that they can "improve" the anthem.
amen. They don't seem to grasp the difference between singing and yodeling. That's why I won't watch shows like American Idol. They think that if they sing every note, eventually they'll find the right one.

The singer tonight was dead on.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You don't change the colors on the flag, and you don't change the sound of the anthem. I can't believe we allow this.
I always wondered: if there is a law against desecrating the flag, why isn't there one against butchering the anthem?

I remember many decades back at one of the big games, they got the group the Fifth Dimension to "sing" it in the most bizarre and convoluted arrangement I ever heard. The song was completely unrecognizable. I never forgot that, it was like watching a train wreck.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The Steven Colbert Pistachio commercial was the hands down winner for me.

Better than the entire game. :D
But can you name the brand of pistachios that he was advertising?

The Volkswagen commercial with engineers getting wings (and rainbows) was good too.