WFC Water Fuel Cell by Farlander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farlander

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Hi guys,
I was digging through some old articles and found the actual labeled components in a Meyers pulse generator.

Can anybody say whether this 555/decade counter/hex inverter is a viable pulse generator configuration?

I'll post the pic and the report

Thanks in advance

Attachments

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
The circuit will output x, 2x, 4x, and 8x - output will not be the multiples shown. (But then, Ol' Stan knew jack about this stuff.:rolleyes:) The design is not very good - a singe binary counter chip could have been used instead of wasting money on three decimal counters. (But then, Ol' Stan knew jack about this stuff.:rolleyes:)

With the values shown, the 555 will be adjustable between about 1.4kHz and 72kHz. With the dividers, your frequency ("x")will be adjustable between about 175Hz and 72kHz. As Beenthere has already noted, adjustment will be klunky.

The circuit has no means of varying the width of the pulses - this is a square wave oscillator.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The circuit will output x, 2x, 4x, and 8x - output will not be the multiples shown.
I agree that the output will not be the multiples shown, however your suggested output is not correct either.
"4X" will output the 555 frequency.
"3X" will output the 555 frequency divided by 10.
"2X" will output the 555 frequency divided by 100.
"X" will output the 555 frequency divided by 1000.
Since the pins 11 are connected to the pins 14, the output from each stage will have a 50% duty cycle.

The design is not very good - a singe binary counter chip could have been used instead of wasting money on three decimal counters. (But then, Ol' Stan knew jack about this stuff.:rolleyes:)
Well, it depends upon what the original intent of the design was. If it was supposed to /2, /4, /8, /16 - then yes, a single 7493 would've done it.
With the values shown, the 555 will be adjustable between about 1.4kHz and 72kHz. With the dividers, your frequency ("x")will be adjustable between about 175Hz and 72kHz. As Beenthere has already noted, adjustment will be klunky.
Without a 1k resistor in series with the 100k pot, odds are that the 555 timer and/or the pot will be fried to a crisp in short order; pin 7 can sink a maximum of 15mA. Bad design.

The circuit has no means of varying the width of the pulses - this is a square wave oscillator.
The bi-quinary wiring (pins 11 to pins 14) confirms this assertion.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Meyer never heard of a 555 or a 7490. This is another attempt to get something going.

A 7490 can divide by 2 or 5, by the way. With pin 11 tied to 14, the division is by 10.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
A 7490 can divide by 2 or 5, by the way. With pin 11 tied to 14, the division is by 10.
Yes, and it's a bi-quinary divide-by-10. The output at Qa will have a 50% duty cycle. Were it wired as a BCD counter, it would have a 20% duty cycle output at Qd, or 40% duty cycle output from Qc.

A couple of other things I overlooked yesterday evening; the 555 timer output is connected directly to the TTL inputs. Since the 555's Vcc is 12v (more like 14v if installed in a vehicle) the TTL ICs and/or the 555 timer would have a very short life. There should be a level translator between the 555's output and the TTL inputs.

Also, there is no purpose that I can divine for the 7404 on the output; it's simply a hex inverter.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I agree that the output will not be the multiples shown, however your suggested output is not correct either.
"4X" will output the 555 frequency.
"3X" will output the 555 frequency divided by 10.
"2X" will output the 555 frequency divided by 100.
"X" will output the 555 frequency divided by 1000.
Since the pins 11 are connected to the pins 14, the output from each stage will have a 50% duty cycle.
I stand corrected.

Farlander

Joined Oct 14, 2008
After some looking I can't find exactly what the purpose of a 'hex inverter' really is. Could someone shed some light?

I think the 50% duty cycle is the main goal of this circuit. We're pulsing a transformer, and it was pointed out to me that the reason the 555 Lawton circuit is not ideal is because it doesn't always start on a pulse, the 1st pulse may be longer, and it doesn't maintain true 50% duty cycle. Many of Meyers patents have 50% duty cycle written on the schematic. Is there something about 50% duty cycle that is conducive to transformers/resonance?

The reason this particular schematic popped out at me was it was included in a package that contained photos of a lot of the other original equipment.

here's the link

http://www.waterfuelcell.org/ForumPDFs/International Independent Test Evaluation Report.pdf

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
After some looking I can't find exactly what the purpose of a 'hex inverter' really is. Could someone shed some light?
Sure. "Hex" means there are six on the chip. "Inverter" means it turns a logic "hi" into a logic "low" or vice versa. Have a look: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_3/2.html

Is there something about 50% duty cycle that is conducive to transformers/resonance?
Nope. It is easier to get something sinusoidal (or thereabouts) by filtering a 50% duty cycle instad of some other duty cycle. But resonance? Nah.

88.1MB? I didn't know they cold stack fertilizer that high!:eek:

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
My golly, what fun!

How does one write an "independent" test on one's own snake oil?

Since when is the dielectric value of something measured in Ohms?

I got a good laugh from "ZPE results from an electric flux that flows orthogonally to our perceived dimension of reality." These guys should be writing for Paramount!

"Table 2" is a veritable "who's who" of snake oil salesmen. I'll say this for the authors, they do know how to categorize Ol' Stan!

I also got a kick out of the quotes these religious zealots opened each section with.

And, wow, so very many pictures! I especially liked the photocopies of the back sides of the PCB. If that ain't proof of over-unity, what is?:D

Figure 11E was very frightening! The plug had no ground prong! (I almost had to close my eyes while looking at it.):eek:

The various analysis of different water samples made me thirsty.:cool:

I was especially impressed with the analysis of Stan's stainless steel. The great expense he went to proved beyond any shadow of doubt that his stainless steel was indeed stainless steel. NOBODY was going to put one over on Ol' Stan!

And by golly, Ol' Stan got himself a pair of real genuine scientists to testify that the hydrolysis machine did indeed produce hydrogen! Wow!

Whoohoo! More Star Trek talk: "Universal energy being a continuous energy potential (source) coming in to our space continuum and creating and sustaining/maintaining our expanding universe, as so extrapolated via mass equation E=MC2. Whereby, Universal Energy having native intelligence to create mass(to cause electromagnetic wave-vectoring ~ photon structuring ~ electron to photon grouping to form atoms ~ molecular arrangements to bring-on chemical process to sustain life) which, in turns, emits radiant energy under different stimuli conditions..." Wow! God Himself wants Ol' Stan's to have a working over-unity device! Hallelujah!

I had to stop reading about 1/2 way through. Too much fun before bedtime keeps me awake.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Whoohoo! More Star Trek talk:
Surely you mean "More Stan Trek talk.

Still you have to hand it to these free energy types, they might not know anything about physics but they can string together scientific jargon with the best of them. Shame that they have no idea what any of the words actually mean!

Farlander

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Well I'm glad we're all enthusiastic at least....

I don't see why the part about the intelligence that powers the universe is so funny. Tesla said one day man would hook his machine to the wheel work that drives the universe. As it stands, we're running out of days.

This is a little off topic but I haven't ranted in a while so here goes...
I know most of you guys think I'm loony, this idea is loony, and Stan was loony. Well, that's fine, but I want you to know I'm not researching this because I think it's cool or I'm a sucker for a con or I want to make money. I do it because even if we converted 50% of our fuel to renewables tomorrow, the ocean would still rise 10 ft, the planet would still warm 6 degrees, and we'll experience global catastrophic system failure. Imagine combining 100's of millions of refugees with a food shortage, drought, economic collapse, and mass extinction simultaneously. We are killing our space ship, our only host, the only place we know of in the entire universe capable of supporting this curious collection of life.
Have you ever been to Holland? How about Louisianna? Florida? Eastern VA? NYC? Shanghai? Might as well visit them now because it's only a matter of time before they go underwater.
I don't know about you guys but I like the planet, I like birds and trees and everything about life, and I would be perfectly happy to keep driving around pumping 20lbs. of CO2 per gallon of gasoline into the air if I didn't know it was going to kill me. PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH WE ARE STRANGERS OUR FATES ARE INTIMATELY CONNECTED. I urge everyone who commutes anywhere to quit that routine and ride a bike.
Ironically, we have this system of government that is supposed to prevent this reality from bestowing itself upon us, but in truth, believe it or not, like it or not, only the super rich are going to weather this storm, the rest of us will probably end up in forced relocation camps, and that has been the plan all along. Kill the planet, drive the prices of goods and land so high that everyone else starves to death. If you haven't noticed, most people are either slaves or starving already. You think your 90k salary means you're not a slave? M-F 9-5 two weeks paid vacation? Please, we're all just hamsters on the big wheel, in fact "THEY" will even pay people to waste time doing nothing so we won't get any big ideas like building water cars.
If you don't think this is already happening you need a reality check. Look what just happened to nearly 1 trillion of your money; given away to failed businesses which blatently unscrupulously exploited the people, orchestrated by the very people who stand to receive fat checks. Artificially inflated housing and deflated currency. This system is DOOMED.
Damnit people, apathy is the enemy of good, we need a change and we need it yesterday, so if you can't handle the possibility that some new technology might exist that could save Earth, than go die elsewhere and don't worry about how the rest of us spend our time.

Last edited:

Farlander

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Now, onto more positive business, it's great that we have the internet and can share these ideas, it may yet be our saving grace. It's also great that there are smart people on said internet, i.e. YOU GUYS, who have the power to do major good. Helping figure out the improved driver for the 555 circuit is just one example. When we collaborate, we can overcome. The greedheads will be deeply troubled when people realize we outnumber them a million to one.
I need some help....

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I hear ya.

But, Stanley Meyers was (and still is) a con artist.

There ARE viable alternative energy sources. Windmills, solar energy, renewable energy like wood, corn, etc. Those are all proven to work, and work well.

Stanley Meyers was (and still is) a con artist.

Stanley Meyers' theme song was "something for nothing". He made outrageous claims inferring his buggy created more energy than it used; basically a "perpetual motion" machine.

He attempted to cloak his deceptions in "technobabble" and "bafflegab"; wordsmithing that could sound legitimate to a layperson, particularly those who were desperately hoping the crapspeak was true.

You've been lied to by someone who's been dead for over a decade.

It's really, really hard to admit that you've been duped.

But that's the first step to moving on to something that's really viable.

Farlander

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Meyers may have been a total gobbledeegoop, it makes no difference. Solar, wind, geotherm, tidal, these would have been good to implement back in the 70's when we knew what was going to happen, but our slave drivers are the energy companies, the sister 7 oil businesses, the biggest business on the planet, netting trillions every year, and in total control of media and government.
I'm going for the water fuel because it's at least got potential to make a bit of difference.

Question:
In high intensity discharge lighting systems, an arc is contained within the bulb, powered by a ballast. Modern ballasts are elctronically controlled to deliver high current at start up and then maintain voltage while limiting amp flow. Any reason why not to hook one of these right to some cell plates?

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Meyers may have been a total gobbledeegoop, it makes no difference. Solar, wind, geotherm, tidal, these would have been good to implement back in the 70's when we knew what was going to happen, but our slave drivers are the energy companies, the sister 7 oil businesses, the biggest business on the planet, netting trillions every year, and in total control of media and government.
I'm going for the water fuel because it's at least got potential to make a bit of difference.
Water is not a fuel. It never has been a fuel. It never will be a fuel.
Water is the product of combustion of hydrogen in oxygen. It is an ash!
Sure you can split water back to free oxygen and hydrogen but it will always take more energy to split water than you get from burning the hydrogen. This is a basic law of nature and you have as much hope of changing it as of repealing the law of gravity.
Question:
In high intensity discharge lighting systems, an arc is contained within the bulb, powered by a ballast. Modern ballasts are elctronically controlled to deliver high current at start up and then maintain voltage while limiting amp flow. Any reason why not to hook one of these right to some cell plates?
Discharge lamps are not powered by the ballast. Just like yachts are not powered by the ballast they carry. The ballast is there is stabilize. In the case of the discharge lamp the ballast limit the current that passes through the lamp and prevents the lamp from burning out. In the case of the yacht the ballast prevents it from capsizing.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Question:
In high intensity discharge lighting systems, an arc is contained within the bulb, powered by a ballast.
No. The ballast does not provide any power. All it does is limit the current.
Modern ballasts are elctronically controlled to deliver high current at start up and then maintain voltage while limiting amp flow.
Not quite. You need high voltage at start up.
Any reason why not to hook one of these right to some cell plates?
Does the phrase "kaboom" count as a reason? How about "Oh Gawd I've got hot bits of stuff in my eyes!" or "Holy Mother of Pearl, there's a piece of plexiglass sticking out of my neck!"

To translate into plain English: HV causes gas to ionize. Ionized stochiomatic mixes of fuel and oxygen go boom.

Farlander

Joined Oct 14, 2008
but it will always take more energy to split water than you get from burning the hydrogen. This is a basic law of nature and you have as much hope of changing it as of repealing the law of gravity.
Tell me then sir why the oceans withdraw with the moons gravity. Tell me why water self ionizes. Tell me why an electron is only known by either it's vector or position but never both.

To me, any "law" without an explanation is a poor attempt to conquer fear of the unknown.

Does the phrase "kaboom" count as a reason? How about "Oh Gawd I've got hot bits of stuff in my eyes!" or "Holy Mother of Pearl, there's a piece of plexiglass sticking out of my neck!"
Hmm, duly noted. I appreciate your concern, I want you to know I always stand behind a blast shield when applying any power supply to the cell the first time.

Please, I said this in a prior post, I don't want skepticism here. I'm clearly dedicated, and so are a lot of other people, and you know what the main obstacle is? Doubt. It spreads like plague.

And finally, just to appease any would be discouragers, I want to point out that this entire exercise is the most educational course in electronics and general principles of the universe I've ever had, and that combined with the people encountered along the way it's a totally fulfilling experience, even if no fruit ever bears. I can even turn my cell into a cutting torch if the Meyers overunity doesn't pan out. But who knows, has anybody else ever put an HID ballast to a plate cell? What about using the ballast with a transformer and chokes? Why not attach it to some spark plugs and lets blow up some water, that's the whole point! C'mon this is what I need you guys for, TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, not doubt and dismissal. If you feel like it, take the opportunity to research, learn something for yourself, and share. And it's all for a good cause, the only cause. FREE ENERGY would solve a lot of problems.

Last edited:

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
To me, any "law" without an explanation is a poor attempt to conquer fear of the unknown.
To me, any foolish stringing together of unrelated jargon is a poor attempt to deny reality.

Please, I said this in a prior post, I don't want skepticism here. I'm clearly dedicated, and so are a lot of other people, and you know what the main obstacle is? Doubt. It spreads like plague.
The main obstacle is that the universe simply does not work the way you want it to.

I want to point out that this entire exercise is the most educational course in electronics and general principles of the universe I've ever had, and that combined with the people encountered along the way it's a totally fulfilling experience, even if no fruit ever bears.
Excellent!:) It is good your time has not been completely wasted! And if you have any specific questions about real-world electronics, we will be most happy to assist you! That's why we are here.

C'mon this is what I need you guys for, TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, not doubt and dismissal.
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html

FREE ENERGY would solve a lot of problems.
So would the psychic ability to heal people. So would spontaneous world peace and tolerance. So would pixie dust. So would any number of impossible pipe-dreams.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Speaking of the other energy sources, such as sun and solar, hydrogen (not H2O2) is a good transport mechanism. I've seen several shows on Discovery where the guy used hydrogen to store the excess energy that he produced from solar.

Storage of energy is the next big problem, right after making it. Using H2O2 for energy transport is equivalent to using butane for refrigerant. It would work, it can also explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.