Weird Treadmill Issue

Thread Starter

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
9,784
I am good at fixing at treadmill issues but this time I am really baffled.
I cannot attach a video so, a series of picture will hope fully help you to understand the issue.

You can see the tread console. It's a Chinese one I believe.
The issue is the speed adjust.
* (Display 1)The tread works as normal during start up._ The Motor Starts at Initial speed.
* (Display 2) Speed jumps to 16.1 as the "Speed +" button is pressed once. _ The Motor speeds up.
* (Display 3) Speed jumps to 18.0 as the "Speed +" button is pressed once. _ The Motor speeds up. (MAX).
* (Display 4) Speed jumps to 2.7 as the "Speed -" button is pressed once. _ The Motor speeds down.
* (Display 5) Speed jumps to 0.8 as the "Speed -" button is pressed once. _ The Motor speeds down. (MIN)

And the stupid thing Cycles the same sequence as Speed buttons are pressed.


I have checked everything.
1. Incline.
2. Controller to console communication.
3. Speed sensor.
4. All other functions which includes custom program.
The custom program function uses the incline and speed buttons to input settings. Here the "Speed + & -" Button increments the input value as it should. i.e one press increments or decrements the numerical value as it should. But during the running state the button press jumps the value.

An issue I encountered in this one is tht although the RPM is used, it is not required. Meaning the motor runs without the sensor. So even without motor theere is no error. With or without motor the problem exist from the console side. There is no error generated without the sensor. A COM ( E-04) is indicated when I disrupt the communication line. If the console does not communicate it display "E-04".
I connected the sensor and the led on the controller flashes and the mikrochip on the controller gets the RPM signal ( I traced the pin to IC and checked signal at the pin of the PIC )
The console has tht famous "black blob" chip on the PCB so no help from there to know anything.

Any one came across this kind of an issue.
It just happened one day.
My assumption is a software issue.
I dunno how to reset this to factory defaults.

Any pointers will be helpful.
KR, Thanks
 

Attachments

Top