Weekend

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I don't know if Bill would drive that far south ... I assume he is NE of Dallas and we met at the HAMCOM fest in Plano (N of Dallas ... about a 45 minute ride for me).

If he showed up ... I'd buy him a beer or whatever he imbibs.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't need to be around anyone older than myself. I think I'm not contagious, but I've been down with a upper respiratory infection for the last week and couple of days. I've stayed away from people in general where I could, and my boy is about 4 days behind me.

The stuff is pernicious and unpleasant. I stayed away from my stated lodge meeting (the main one) because of all the older folks. I could drop the average age of our membership a few year for all the wrong reasons.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Way to go Joe,you are as young as poeple will allow you to be.
Life can be good if you let It happen.So keep the clalk dry
and put the spin on the Eight Ball. Bank on the bank for the
win.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Clalk. Another patented Loosewire(tm) word. ;)

However it is true. People make you older that you are.

As I started to get called 'sir' and people started holding doors for me, I felt like giving them a gut check... But, live and let live.

At least I didn't pull a muscle opening the door.. ;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Bugs are no respecter how young at heart your are, just how good your immune system is. A lot of these guys are really cool people. Lost a friend a couple of years ago. After he had moved to Colorado to live with his kids I found out he had been a fighter pilot for WWII, which explained why even with a walker he was always max speed. Lodge is full of folks like that, sometimes you can best serve by not showing up and spreading your diseases.

While I'll mutter about the occasional senior discount, I'll take it. Serves them right for assuming...

Of course, next year I'll start requesting it from Taco Bueno. I'll have earned it then.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
whippersnapper......:eek:....heheheh I like tht word.

How many of them are here. below 35y not counting I guess.

As for new words....reka..neka..soka...foka...wipper...moma...I can go on. :p