‘We Are Hungry!’

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's not a question of money locally and we have plenty of fresh locally grown food but a decision was made to reduce the food intake of children at school for possibly good intentions that I think has missed the target completely.
Agreed! And what about "bad homes" where the kid comes home from school still hungry, but the a-hole parent goes straight from work to the bar to booze up with their buddies, and the kid spends many nights a week with no dinner?

I think a large (but healthy) lunch is vital for kids, especially when their main energy expenditure is from early morning to mid afternoon. Dinner is less important.

And I don't think kids ever get to an unhealthy overweight condition by eating a large lunch of healthy ingredients. It's all the chocolate, chips and snacks all day and night combined with sitting down in front of the stupid box as their main "daily activity".

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Agreed! And what about "bad homes" where the kid comes home from school still hungry, but the a-hole parent goes straight from work to the bar to booze up with their buddies, and the kid spends many nights a week with no dinner?

I think a large (but healthy) lunch is vital for kids, especially when their main energy expenditure is from early morning to mid afternoon. Dinner is less important.

And I don't think kids ever get to an unhealthy overweight condition by eating a large lunch of healthy ingredients. It's all the chocolate, chips and snacks all day and night combined with sitting down in front of the stupid box as their main "daily activity".
Well said! It's been scientifically proven that lunch should be the largest meal of the day, composed of perfectly portioned foods from the food pyramid. If a child eats meals like that every day and get the proper amount of exercise, he or she will be much healthier and will be far less overweight than the kids who eat junk food and sit in front of their tv or game console in their free time.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
"If a child eats meals like that every day and get the proper amount of exercise, he or she will be much healthier and will be far less overweight than the kids who eat junk food and sit in front of their tv or game console in their free time."

Or a kid who eats a tiny lunch of rabbit food.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
"If a child eats meals like that every day and get the proper amount of exercise, he or she will be much healthier and will be far less overweight than the kids who eat junk food and sit in front of their tv or game console in their free time."

Or a kid who eats a tiny lunch of rabbit food.
Ah yes, that too.