Watch Winder project

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonloopsun

Joined Aug 16, 2020
Hi guys,
I am having a Watch winder that uses a power supply of 3v 1.2A.
It can also be operated by 2 x AA batteries (The Factory mentioned that with 2 x AA it should run for 8 Weeks).
It is basically wind a watch for 1 minute, than have a pause of a few minutes, than runs it again. Every 12 hours it pauses for 12 hours.
It has a tiny motor (Mabushi RF-500TB-1256 - https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/1415685/Mabuchi/RF-500TB-12560/1 )

I try to find a power supply solution to run it longer without changing the batteries or charging every second month.
I thought about a USB power bank with a step down voltage, or a few D cells batteries with a step down voltage.

I understand that with the USB powerbank, I might have a problem that the power bank would get into sleep mode when the motor is in a sleep mode / when the machine needs less than 5v..

Can someone please help me with understanding what are my best options to make this machine work inside a closed cabin without changing the batteries every second month ?
If a setup of a few D cells with a step down to 3v is even an option here ? What kind of batteries to use in this case? Alkaline / NiMH?

Thanks a lot in advanced !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.