Was my Mobile Phone Hacked?

Yanni1000

Joined Feb 14, 2017
Hi All,

Last Sunday morning when I tried to type a message in whatsapp on my Huwai 3 y lite mobile phone, when I pushed the one key(letter) on my cell phone touch screen it would type another key(letter) and my phone would say need to connect with twitter to verify something, the same time this was happening my t.v went on the blink( picture went on and off on the tv). My mobile phone anti virus did find suspicious file on my phone when I ran it afterwards. Was my mobile phone hacked and my mobile phone was in the same room as my tv and they both experiences problems at the same time. Is this coincidence that both my mobile phone and tv went wonky at exactly the same time when they were in the same room together or are the events connected?

Thanks,

Yanni

Yanni1000

Joined Feb 14, 2017
No my tv is not connected to the internet but it has ability to be connected to the internet. Its a late model tv that you can plug an asdl line into or run via wi fi. My mobile phone uses wifi at work and at home it uses Mobile Phone Company Network (Cell Towers) as I don't have internet at home.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
No my tv is not connected to the internet but it has ability to be connected to the internet. Its a late model tv that you can plug an asdl line into or run via wi fi.
--Emphasis added--

or are the events connected?
RE: The TV
It's possible unless the TV's WIFI connectivity is physically disabled (assuming the TV is in range of a router) --- That said, a malfunctioning PSU is more likely -- In any event please attempt a hardware reset prior to drawing conclusions...

Very best regards
HP:)