Want to learn 8051 microcontroller. Need your help.

Arm_n_Legs

Joined Mar 7, 2007
Simply treat the registers in the register banks as memory locations for data storage. They are named as R0 to R7 for each of the bank. Some examples of instructions involving the registers:

MOV A,R1
MOV R2,A
MOV R7,#34H

Since there are 4 banks of R0 to R7, so which R1 is referred to in the instruction MOV A,R1? You will then need to refer to the register selection flags in RS0 and RS1 which reside in the PSW register.

If RS1:RS0 is 00, then all references are made to registers in bank0.

I think ikelectro needs more basic concepts of what and how microcontrollers operate in relation to the software.

I would recommend `mcs-48 microcomputer user's manual' then the `mcs51 micro computer user's manual'. Both are Intel authored. Look them up on google.

This is how I got started years ago at work.

Hope this helps someone.
Randy

ikelectro

Joined Apr 22, 2013
I think ikelectro needs more basic concepts of what and how microcontrollers operate in relation to the software.

I would recommend `mcs-48 microcomputer user's manual' then the `mcs51 micro computer user's manual'. Both are Intel authored. Look them up on google.

This is how I got started years ago at work.

Hope this helps someone.
Randy
hi allman,
thanks for your reply.... yes i really need some very basic concept on 8051...... i'll definitely look on these(which you mention)....