Walking Dead fans?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Anyone Walking Dead fans? Tonight is the night for the new season. I am really looking forward to it. Sadly I will need to wait a night to watch it as I download it from Amazon.

I just could not stand paying for cable. It just isn't worth it anymore. All of the really great station like History Channel, Discovery, Nat Geo have all gone reality TV.

For those that want to catch up on the Walking Dead, I have noticed that Netflix has the past seasons.

I am really looking forward to the new season. The acting is adequate but I think the writers do a great job of keeping you in suspense week after week. I just hope they can continue and if they can't have the forethought to end it before the writing goes stall.

Anyone else watching?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
My wife and i just started it a couple weeks back and we are almost caught up! I put the first episode on, just to see what it was like and loved it! I don't usually follow tv shows until it's over(I finished Lost about a year ago), but this show is really addicting.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Anyone Walking Dead fans? Tonight is the night for the new season. I am really looking forward to it. Sadly I will need to wait a night to watch it as I download it from Amazon.

I just could not stand paying for cable. It just isn't worth it anymore. All of the really great station like History Channel, Discovery, Nat Geo have all gone reality TV.

For those that want to catch up on the Walking Dead, I have noticed that Netflix has the past seasons.

I am really looking forward to the new season. The acting is adequate but I think the writers do a great job of keeping you in suspense week after week. I just hope they can continue and if they can't have the forethought to end it before the writing goes stall.

Anyone else watching?
Ok, I'm in, I just got schooled on the Zombies the other day. I didn't know that there was a difference between old school (Zombies that don't bite) and Zombies that do.

I guess it wasn't until the 80's "Night of the living Dead" that a film introduce a Zombie that ate people and mostly liked their brain.

I instantly equated it with Cannibals and Mad Cow disease, of course with some Voodo enhancement.

I will be catching up on my some video's, to enlighten myself on the craze.

Most of my Tech's are into it. As an old man, I just don't know what there talking about?

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What is interesting in the show (and I imagine any zombie movie) is that there was never such a thing as zombies even in fiction. So to the characters of the Walking Dead, the whole idea of the dead coming back to life is totally new to them.

BTW George Romero from the Night of the Living Dead series is from Pittsburgh where the movies were filmed. A church member (yeah of all things) from back then was in the original movie.

My neighbor worked of George's house and he is supposed to be an very generous and nice person. Actually I am not even sure if he is still alive today.

But I digress. Anyone have association witht he Walking Dead? The closest I come is Heinz Ward a Steeler football player will be appearing in an episode of the Walking Dead as a zombie. Becoming a zombie in the show is becoming very popular. I believe they had a contest. But they could probably charge for it. Donating the money to charity would be a great idea.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
My Wife likes it...I watched a couple episodes. The thing that always turned me off to zombie movies, or TV; is that the zombies are too slow to worry about.

Some of them are slower than me.;)

You can outrun, outgun, and otherwise defeat them, pretty easily.

Fire up the trusty chainsaw, and you can run them down by the hundreds.:D

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The thing that always turned me off to zombie movies, or TV; is that the zombies are too slow to worry about.

Some of them are slower than me.;)

You can outrun, outgun, and otherwise defeat them, pretty easily.

Fire up the trusty chainsaw, and you can run them down by the hundreds.:D
Not in the Walking Dead. Or at least it depends. If you watch enough you will know that some zombies are fast and some are slow. It has to do with the condition they were in before they died and how long they were dead.

Some reanimate almost immediately after death. A walker that does this and was in reasonable shape before they died will be a fast zombie.

I do have two problems with the show. The walkers are very fragile, it does not take much to knock one apart. Yet they can easily bite through huge chunks of flesh in one bite, even in hard to grasp places like the middle of the back.

Also it was explained that a small segment of the brain comes back to life after death. Yet any stab to the brain kills the walkers. You would think they would have to smash the whole head or at least target the section of the brain that keeps the walkers moving.

Last edited:

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
the Walking Dead is really good, the special effects are basically straight from hollywood.

it makes crap like cloud atlas feel very very bad.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
One thing I just realized on Metalmann's comment on slow zombies. While some walkers are fast as I mentioned, I have yet to see one running on the show. So you should be able to outrun them.

The problem is that they do not tire and normal people do. So just as the Navy SEALs say "Don't run because you will just die tired. :)

But I don't know if you want to run. There are so many of them around that if you do no pay attention to where you are going you are liable to run into another batch.

I came up with the term "wake" for a group of walkers. Wake of walkers.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Love it spinny! Can't wait for the Black and White showings too. Their reseting the series to the pilot on Thursdays I think, and are going to air the entire show in Black and White only, the trailer look great in BnW. Really gave it that old Dawn of the Dead 60's feel. I fear were gonna loose the asian guy soon, but I hope not. I'm hooking up a slingbox to my cable tomorrow for a friend to get our local sports in KY, your more then welcome to use it too. You'll get free full cable in SD. Even have your own lil remote button on the viewer so you can change channels, volume, reminders,info, guide, etc..

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wait what is in B&W?

Walking Dead or Night of the Living Dead movies?

Glen is the Asian guy's name. Look me a while to learn the name too for some reason. I hope we don't lose him. He is one of may favorites. Bad enough we lost T Dog , I liked him a lot. And the old dude early on what was his name? Like hime too, but seems so long ago.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Wait what is in B&W?

Walking Dead or Night of the Living Dead movies?

Glen is the Asian guy's name. Look me a while to learn the name too for some reason. I hope we don't lose him. He is one of may favorites. Bad enough we lost T Dog , I liked him a lot. And the old dude early on what was his name? Like hime too, but seems so long ago.
Thats right Glen,,, No they are showing Walking Dead in BnW. But when you watch the trailer in BnW it really give you a feel of NofLD.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Sorry what is "NofLD" ? And where is the B&W trailer? Is it online? I don't have cable. I DL Waling Dead from Amazon. In fact I think last night episode might be ready now so I am going to watch! :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It requires a login from your cable or satellite provider. I do not have such a provider and will pay for my entertainment if that is what is required. In other words I won't use a login found on the internet.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
It requires a login from your cable or satellite provider. I do not have such a provider and will pay for my entertainment if that is what is required. In other words I won't use a login found on the internet.
?? I don't have to log in or register. I just hit video's episode 309. and it plays, you can hit the box on the right to make it bigger. If you wanna watch it I'd be happy to set you up a gateway thru my PC. Its no biggie. I want ESPN 360 if anyone gets it. ;)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I was sort of disappointed in the first episode of the second half of the season. Maybe I am just so used to the other episodes being so good. Seems most weeks end with a real cliff hanger.

I guess this one is sort of one since it looks like the group might really be screwed now.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I was sort of disappointed in the first episode of the second half of the season. Maybe I am just so used to the other episodes being so good. Seems most weeks end with a real cliff hanger.

I guess this one is sort of one since it looks like the group might really be screwed now.

I liked it, it really left you wondering about glen, about the Gov'nor! and rick going kabin krazy! We got some new cast members to kill off I like the black couple, the white guys I don't like too much so I think they will go. I also hope we see the Redneck Bothers back soon, may be to save the day in the middle of a battle. But compared to last seasons ending it was a lil tame, but we got the rest of the season for the war to go on. I prefer some back story rathen a bunch of shooting and no one dying. That was my one flaw with the Ateam.
For 1 episode in Nothing but net!

Last edited: