Voltage sensor and signal conditioning scheme

andodeki

Joined Dec 28, 2023
I have a Voltage sensor and signal conditioning scheme i got from here.

https://ernane-aac.github.io/RMS-Voltage-Measurement/

I have tried to reproduce it on Proteus simulation to understand how it works but i am stuck an still dont know how it works. Does it take in AC Voltage and steps down to 15V. Where does the -15V and +15V source? Where i have DC Voltage measurement at the right end of the schematic i were connectors. When i simulate its showing 0.20V on both.

Can someone assist on checking if i have captured the circuit as desired and help me figure out what i am dealing with?

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I have a Voltage sensor and signal conditioning scheme i got from here.

https://ernane-aac.github.io/RMS-Voltage-Measurement/

I have tried to reproduce it on Proteus simulation to understand how it works but i am stuck an still dont know how it works. Does it take in AC Voltage and steps down to 15V. Where does the -15V and +15V source? Where i have DC Voltage measurement at the right end of the schematic i were connectors. When i simulate its showing 0.20V on both.

Can someone assist on checking if i have captured the circuit as desired and help me figure out what i am dealing with?
post your proteus project file

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
The ±15V supplies are something the author assumes you already have available!
That's a mighty complicated circuit. It's perfectly possible to do it with a single 5V supply.Screenshot from 2023-12-28 15-01-37.pngR6=R7=2R5.
You can add capacitors to filter out high frequency if you want.

andodeki

Joined Dec 28, 2023
That's a mighty complicated circuit. It's perfectly possible to do it with a single 5V supply.View attachment 311125R6=R7=2R5.
So instead of +15V i can use 5V so it means i can add a module HLK-PM01 to stepdown the AC voltage supply to 5V?
Also did i capture in the Proteus circuit the desired circuitry from the author

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
So instead of +15V i can use 5V so it means i can add a module HLK-PM01 to stepdown the AC voltage supply to 5V?
Also did i capture in the Proteus circuit the desired circuitry from the author
Yes.
Don't forget that if you are measuring the mains voltage you MUST isolated it.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Now thats another thing. Isolation. I have seen and heard about it but how does that happen in actual terms?
There must be physical separation between the mains and the low voltage circuitry.
It is tested by connecting a 2500V voltage source between the mains terminals of the equipment and the low voltage terminals: the insulation must not fail, no current is allowed to flow.

Measurement of AC mains is generally accomplished by using a transformer.

andodeki

Joined Dec 28, 2023
There must be physical separation between the mains and the low voltage circuitry.
It is tested by connecting a 2500V voltage source between the mains terminals of the equipment and the low voltage terminals: the insulation must not fail, no current is allowed to flow.

Measurement of AC mains is generally accomplished by using a transformer.
A photocoupler can act as an isolation though right?

andodeki

Joined Dec 28, 2023
That's a mighty complicated circuit. It's perfectly possible to do it with a single 5V supply.View attachment 311125R6=R7=2R5.
how does this circuit relate to the one with the author?
Or have you have just simplified it?