I'm having trouble getting a negative voltage out of a positive power supply and then regulating that for various loads.
It should be within -4.5V to -6V using a +5V power-supply. There are two methods for this, I went with charge-pump over buck-boost. I simulated the circuit before implementing, and needless to say I didn't quite reach -4.5V in practice, (it reached about -4.2V)
With that reached I tried to use a LM324N op-amp as a unity gain op-amp to regulate the voltage but it didn't work as I found out later it doesn't swing to the negative side. I also need to work out a way to make it more negative than the current -4.2V
Any help greatly appreciated!
It should be within -4.5V to -6V using a +5V power-supply. There are two methods for this, I went with charge-pump over buck-boost. I simulated the circuit before implementing, and needless to say I didn't quite reach -4.5V in practice, (it reached about -4.2V)
With that reached I tried to use a LM324N op-amp as a unity gain op-amp to regulate the voltage but it didn't work as I found out later it doesn't swing to the negative side. I also need to work out a way to make it more negative than the current -4.2V
Any help greatly appreciated!