Voltage level translator from ESP 8266 to ADXL 337 Accelerometer

sze wen

Joined Nov 8, 2020
I am designing a circuit to read SDA, SCL and GND status of a 1.8V ADXL 337 Accelerometer chip. The voltage coming out from ESP8266 is 3.3V.

I am have TXB0104 for my voltage translation. It is not working.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi sze,
Welcome to AAC.
Do have a circuit diagram you could post, so that we can check the wiring etc.?
E

Last edited:

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Sparkfun has a nice tutorial on this.

The key point is that the B side must be connected to the HIGHER VOLTAGE side, the ESP8266 in this case, and the A side connected to the LOWER VOLTAGE side, the accelerometer.

There is an OE (Output Enable) solder jumper that must be jumped, but it should come that way.

Sorry, my cropping shifted a bit on the picture below. The OE jumpervis at the top center of the board – this is from the Sparkfun tutorial.

Screenshot_20220813-044803_Edge.jpg

sze wen

Joined Nov 8, 2020
Thank you
Sparkfun has a nice tutorial on this.

The key point is that the B side must be connected to the HIGHER VOLTAGE side, the ESP8266 in this case, and the A side connected to the LOWER VOLTAGE side, the accelerometer.

There is an OE (Output Enable) solder jumper that must be jumped, but it should come that way.

Sorry, my cropping shifted a bit on the picture below. The OE jumpervis at the top center of the board – this is from the Sparkfun tutorial.

View attachment 273738
Thanks. Will look into it. Are you familiar with PCA9306? I saw Spark Fun is having a tutorial on it. Not sure which controller is better for my purpose in terms of cost and functionality.