Voltage for Load that connected to LY4N DC24 relay

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
1) I'm using the relay LY4N DC24 to build a circuit for control some load. From the specification, i found that the load can be connected to AC110V and DC24V only? If my load use DC 12V, can i connect it to the relay?

2) How did i distinguish between resistive and inductive load?
Capture.PNG

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi LF,
That Table shows the Maximum rated current loads for AC and DC, inductive and resistive.
Is this what you are asking.?
E

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
hi LF,
That Table shows the Maximum rated current loads for AC and DC, inductive and resistive.
Is this what you are asking.?
E
1)Hi Eric, did u mean the column i highlight in red color stand for maximum current at the voltage state?
If i use voltage other than the voltage stated in red highlighted region, it is still acceptable?

2) I also want to know what is the different between resistive and inductive load

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The entry in that table below the one you have marked in Red, states the maximum Voltages and currents.
What Voltage and current values are you requiring to switch with the relay contacts.?
E

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
hi,
The entry in that table below the one you have marked in Red, states the maximum Voltages and currents.
What Voltage and current values are you requiring to switch with the relay contacts.?
E
Hi, i want to connect a 12V dc motor to be control by the relay. It is applicable?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
OK, do you know the current or power rating of the motor.
It should be printed on the motor casing, if not not, do you have the motor model details, we could find the data on the web.

E

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
hi,
OK, do you know the current or power rating of the motor.
It should be printed on the motor casing, if not not, do you have the motor model details, we could find the data on the web.

E
Hi, below is the specification for the motor to be control by relay. Is it ok if i use LY4N DC24 to control it?
Capture.PNG

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi LF,
That relay will be OK.
It is common practice to add a 'snubber' circuit across an inductive load [ motor] in order to protect the relay contacts.
A 100nF capacitor and 120R resistor in series across the motor, as a snubber is recommended.
E