Voltage amplifier for strain guage

Ben Joies

Joined Nov 18, 2014
hai,
can anyone help me find the difference between a CF amplifier and DC amplifier. I am confused in selecting an amplifier for strain guage output. HBM AE 101 is DC amplifier and AE 301 is CF amplifier. But I can't find the difference in functionality. Is there any suggestion as to which one I should select for amplifying the voltage output( from mV to V) of a full bridge strain guage with nominal resistance 120 ohm?

ramancini8

Joined Jul 18, 2012
Your question doesn't make sense to me. I know that CF means current feedback and that DC means direct current, but what has that to do with your problem? Forgetting the other numbers and symbols because they don't make sense to me, you need an instrumentation amplifier (IA). The IA has very high input impedance so it doesn't load the strain gage, settable gain to 1000, but poor frequency response which shouldn't bother a strain gage. Look at Texas Instruments applications for strain gage amps.

Ben Joies

Joined Nov 18, 2014
Your question doesn't make sense to me. I know that CF means current feedback and that DC means direct current, but what has that to do with your problem? Forgetting the other numbers and symbols because they don't make sense to me, you need an instrumentation amplifier (IA). The IA has very high input impedance so it doesn't load the strain gage, settable gain to 1000, but poor frequency response which shouldn't bother a strain gage. Look at Texas Instruments applications for strain gage amps.
Thank you. I will look into TI.