Video image mixer in a split screen (two inputs, one output)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barenca

Joined May 21, 2015
Hi everybody.

I want to build a circuit for my car that shows me the front and rear camera in the same screen (splitted).

Is this possible with a simple circuit?, any ideas about how to build the circuit?

Thanks

Video-mixer-split-screen.jpg

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
That is a complex function that can't be done with a simple circuit.
To start, you need to know what the video format is.

Edit: You best bet may may be to buy a split monitor such as one of these or this.

Last edited:

ranch vermin

Joined May 20, 2015
You could program it, I recommend windows media foundation for the library. Actually doing it in hardware is old school, and really cool if you did it tho. :)

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
When CBS introduced the quad split screen, what most people don't realize is that it was a purely mechanical effect. The took the cases and frames off of four monitors so the screens could be pushed as close together as possible, and pointed a camera at the assembly. An all electronic split screen came years later. I installed the first one in Columbus.

All RCA connectors implies all NTSC composite video, which makes an all electronic split screen very easy with Maxim chips. BUT ... the two cameras must be synchronized, and most small low cost cameras will not sync up to an external signal. So if you don't want to do this with a pc that has two video capture cards, then you need to buy a split screen device that has frame synchronizer built in.

ak

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus