Varactor Diode Tuning

nana_asempa1

Joined Feb 1, 2020
I have designed a dualband bandpass filter with HFSS, but when I tune the varactor, the center frequency doesn't change. could there be any anything Ineed to do right please?thread.JPGthread.JPG

nana_asempa1

Joined Feb 1, 2020
Or to put it another way, how can you have DC voltage across the diode if the circuit is open?
the path i only have a patch that is from the resistor to the ground. but the diode is fixed between the resistor and the resonator please. I really like your inputs, carry me on Sir, help me. I need to hand in my thesis

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Kjeldgaard has the main point. Progress in helping you will be more and more difficult if not impossible without a schematic. Anything we can read will be find.

How are you applying bias to the varactor?

nana_asempa1

Joined Feb 1, 2020
Kjeldgaard has the main point. Progress in helping you will be more and more difficult if not impossible without a schematic. Anything we can read will be find.

How are you applying bias to the varactor?
ok, let me be humble and tell my problem. I don't actually know how to apply the bias to the varactor, I would be glad if I am helped on how to design the bias circuit. currently, I only removed the modeled resistor from the HFSS design and I was able to tune the frequencies, but I doubt if that will be correct for fabrication. please teach me hoe to do it. I would be very thankful