Vacuum Chamber Automation Leak Testing Project

Eddie@302

Joined Dec 20, 2020
We have manually operating vacuum chamber for leakage testing. We want to make it automatic .What are the possible solutions?
Which controller is best to use for this automation? We are planning to use vacuum pressure sensor and two solenoid valves for this project. Any other solution will be highly appreciated.Thanks

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Which controller is best to use for this automation? We are planning to use vacuum pressure sensor and two solenoid valves for this project. Any other solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Depends on how far you want to take "automation". In my experience with vacuum make sure you do not skimp on any sensors. MKS Systems makes some really good stuff but again it depends on what you want or need? A roughing pump gets you down a little and then you get into a turbine. Cold cathode gauges run about a grand depending on range so how low are you going? Leakage testing we used a helium leak test. Anyway depending on your exact needs a Google of MKS Vacuum Systems will get you started. Depending on budget call MKS and ask to talk to an applications engineer. Omega Engineering while I don't see as on par with MKS also has some good sensors and control. What you are looking for I call process control. Depending on what you want to conform to like ISO or ASTM standards it can be inexpensive to several grand for the basics.

Ron

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
My systems were made of glass that I assembled. Leak testing was done with a handheld Tesla coil. Simple. And of course, I rarely had any leaks. ;)

What do you need an automatic tester for, if it is assembled without leaks in the first place?