Using Ht12e , ht12d is it suitable nowadays to control high power leds

samerelec

Joined May 15, 2023
Hi to all
Ht12e and 12d is a simple way to wireless cotrolling leds ihave 2 questions:
First Are they still the easy and effficient option analogue cotroll otherwise what else.
Second question is when i connect them to led and press button it turns on after i realse it turns off, what to connect to make a single press turn the led on and keep so when i release my press...then make another press to turn led off.
Many thanks

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Normally those ready made modules use a microprocessor to control multiple functions. It can be done with analalog but the micro would be simpler.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
One way is to use a second switch for the OFF mode using a set-reset circuit.
Showing a 555 set-reset circuit with a negative input from the ht12d.
Output of 555 can drive a N mosfet for high current LEDs.
1684697903152.png

Last edited:

samerelec

Joined May 15, 2023
Dear sghioto, i am connecting a led that uses at least 1.05 amp and 3v ... actually i haven't been successful with mosfets to increase the current to my led which gave me great depression to achieve success.
If you have an idea on how to make greater current to led using mosfet withh 555 i would be thankfull for you to explain
Many thanks

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
The value for R1 depends on the voltage supply Vcc. A vast number of high current N channel mosfets are available for Q1.
What is the supply voltage Vcc?

1684935267132.png

Last edited:

bidrohini

Joined Jul 29, 2022
You have to make a latch switch. I can see you have already started working with 555. Another option is to use a J-K flip flop(apart from using a micrcontroller).