using gates

Livp

Joined Jul 1, 2022
A gaming room has fifteen(15) game slot machines. Each game slot machine is synchronously controlled. To win a game token a player must win a total of five(5) games from ten(10) on the controller to stay on the game. A game JACKPOT occurs if at least seven games are won on the controller. Design the circuit that synchronizes the operations of all 15 game slot machines as one integrated circuit.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
We know what you want to do, so do you expect someone to do a design for you?
Since this is apparently homework, we will not do that here.
You have to show us your best approach at doing the task, and then we can help you from there.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I'm sure the guys here can help. Only, we need much more information regarding the games and a whole lot of other things I can't begin to think of. As an engineer - you should be able to provide clear parameters for what you need to accomplish.

Just one more thing - we love helping but we don't care for designing such complex circuits for others - - - for free. I'm not an engineer and wouldn't know how to approach this problem. Partly because I'm unclear on what you're looking for.

The solution may require extensive programming and you may very well need some kind of microprocessing. And I'm imagining quite a bit bigger than a hobby µP (microprocessor).

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
here is the full question
There must be additional information that bounds solution space. Are these 15 slot machines being played by the same person? Or can up to 15 players work together to beat the system?

You need to get yourself enrolled in a better school. You're not going to be able to make "one integrated circuit" from a bunch of discrete gates/flip flops.

Livp

Joined Jul 1, 2022
There must be additional information that bounds solution space. Are these 15 slot machines being played by the same person? Or can up to 15 players work together to beat the system?

You need to get yourself enrolled in a better school. You're not going to be able to make "one integrated circuit" from a bunch of discrete gates/flip flops.
ohk i will send the entire sheet
so u can view it. i like the fact that u are keen to having more information

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
this is the full document
The problem and solution space are still about as clear as mud.
  1. What does your instructor mean by synchronous control?
  2. Do you have examples of other similar "integrated circuit" problems and their solutions?
  3. Does your simulator allow you to use commercial parts?
  4. Do you have a block diagram or flow chart of your proposed solution?
  5. What do you think your attempted solution in post 7 does? How are you counting the number of wins?
  6. How many other students are working on this with you? Have they contributed any suggestions?
  7. When is this project due?
PDF for those who are suspicious of .docx files.

Attachments

Last edited:

Livp

Joined Jul 1, 2022
the circuit is a simple one. we are using the Ewb software to build a simple representation of the assigned work. For the number of wins. i would have to place a counter or some representative indicating the numbers of win. We are newbies to circuit diagrams. however i will send another diagram to indicate for one circuit machine that will represent the 15 slot machines. That's how i interpreted it.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I'm not sure I understand the requirement from the question, even after having read the preamble... there's nothing to indicate what constitutes a 'win' or how 'a game' gets from the controller or how it should be represented. And a 'jackpot' is given after 7 wins but so what, its not clear what you do with it or how it affects things. And what does 'synchronisation' mean here? The machine doesn't spin until all handles pulled? Or payouts aren't made until all machines have spun? Its as clear as mud!

Livp

Joined Jul 1, 2022
I'm not sure I understand the requirement from the question, even after having read the preamble... there's nothing to indicate what constitutes a 'win' or how 'a game' gets from the controller or how it should be represented. And a 'jackpot' is given after 7 wins but so what, its not clear what you do with it or how it affects things. And what does 'synchronisation' mean here? The machine doesn't spin until all handles pulled? Or payouts aren't made until all machines have spun? Its as clear as mud!
irving i will post something in a minute so from there u could get if i am on thhe right track...

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
i will post something in a minute so from there u could get if i am on thhe right track...
So you're only supposed to design the synchronizer. What is your interpretation of what the synchronizer does? Is there one controller per slot machine? Or one controller for all of them? Whatever a controller is...

Livp

Joined Jul 1, 2022
So you're only supposed to design the synchronizer. What is your interpretation of what the synchronizer does? Is there one controller per slot machine? Or one controller for all of them? Whatever a controller is...
1656734242261.png

Livp

Joined Jul 1, 2022
1656734312849.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Your schematic would be easier to read if you didn't have so much white space and didn't have so many unnecessary wire jogs/scenic routes. Printing to PDF and taking a screen capture instead of doing screen grabs of your simulation program with irrelevant stuff. If the colored wires don't mean anything, don't use them. For many generations, engineers have gotten by just fine with monochrome schematics.

This is a decade up/down counter:

1656736521570.png
Pardon the disconnected inputs (the simulator I use treats them as LOW). It's a work in progress. Works as I recall, but I didn't bother doing a final round of clean up.