using a "twin-lead" antenna wire for Tx monopole antenna?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
One problem will be matching it to the transmitter which typically has 50Ω impedance and the twin lead which has 300-400Ω impedance. Then matching it to the antenna's impedance which is also typically 50Ω for most commercially produced transmit antennas. Which is one reason why 50Ω coax is what I preferred.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
One problem will be matching it to the transmitter which typically has 50Ω impedance and the twin lead which has 300-400Ω impedance. Then matching it to the antenna's impedance which is also typically 50Ω for most commercially produced transmit antennas. Which is one reason why 50Ω coax is what I preferred.
I can’t tell if he is asking about using it for feedline or just as a radiator. As a radiator it would be OK given a properly designed antenna otherwise. As feedline there are many problems. Matching is one, as you mention, but the other is loss which will be very noticeable. The question is lacking information.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE: SamR Imho impedance transformer 1:4 is rather simple thingy thus 300-->75 Ohm is kindershpiele. And 75-->50 is solvable thing as well, but always is question do the playing is worth the candles spent for light. So, better to use classical solutions like lambda quarter or subversion CLC, lambda half or lambda 5/8. Or if the directivity was the aim then Cantenna, allowing unite the needed with pleasant - buy the bear can, drink the dry, and use can for antenna. :)