Using a negative trigger to trip multiple relays - little different take.

fastboarder

Joined May 17, 2023
Sounds good on the diodes, two less components to solder! Pretty cool to watch the evolution and input from people who know what they are doing. Thanks sghioto for the time spent on this, truly appreciated.

fastboarder

Joined May 17, 2023
@sghioto Hi there! Actually doing the install tomorrow and thought I would double check with you on one item. You had mentioned I could remove D2 and D4. In the physical wiring, my plan was to have the output of the Auxbeam switch wired to where I use a connector to tie in the wire from the output of pin 30 (after the diode) then run that wire to the light. The Auxbeam switch uses solid state relays. My concern is if the mechanical relay is triggered, when pin 30 outputs, there is nothing to stop the feedback to the Auxbeam switch (if I remove D2/D4). Is there a possibility of damaging the Auxbeam in this manner? I attached the wiring diagram removing D2/D4

Attachments

fastboarder

Joined May 17, 2023
In that case just leave those diodes installed.
Wow, you are quick! Thanks for the super fast reply. I am probably over cautious but don't want to blow the switch control. My luck I would see a puff of smoke if I didn't lol. Really appreciate the input.