Use tablet motherboard as a PC

Afonso Cardozo Cruz

Joined Jan 16, 2018
I've wanted to use my old bloken screen tablet ribbon cable and somehow convert that to an VGA or HDMI cable to connect on a screen. My it could be impossible but I'd like to try.

Thanks

Afonso Cardozo Cruz

Joined Jan 16, 2018
It is not impossible but not worth the effort when you can buy a used VGA monitor for less than US$25.
But I don't want to use the display of tablet, I want to use the motherboard of it, because the screen of my tablet is broken, and I realize that I could use it as a basic PC, connecting a keyboard and mouse.

Could you give me some article that explains how to convert the ribbon cable output to an VGA or HDMI monitor?

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Sorry that I got it the wrong way around.
Most tablets have the ability already to plug in an adapter cable that outputs to an LCD projector or monitor.
What brand and model tablet is it?

Afonso Cardozo Cruz

Joined Jan 16, 2018
Most tablets have the ability already to plug in an adapter cable that outputs to an LCD projector or monitor.
It's a Multilaser M8
But I'll open it to check out motherboard model too. And then upload de images here. Thanks for your help

It was so funny, it took a long time that I didn't look at that tablet, but it already has an micro HDMI port :D, I'll buy an

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Does the tablet device even have enough computational power to be useful as an actual computer? Or is it just like an older smart phone, only good for pictures and games and possibly internet, but no word processor or writing capability?