Urgent! Need help with homework.. Please help me..

ho69e3k

Joined Nov 13, 2011
Hi.. I would like to ask what are the ten most commonly used high- level languages today? Listing it all down in descending order will be a big help..
If you can post a link for it, it will also help..
My homework is due on Thursday next week.. November 24 to be exact..
:)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Shall we send a copy to your teacher also ;)
We are here to help. But not do the work for you. Here is how we may help you. YOU do some research on the web. Get some numbers. Then post the numbers and some link to your sources. We will at least be able to say if your data looks OK or not

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Oh, boy, another urgent homework problem. OK, I'll break my rule just this once and help. Some of the high-level languages I can think of are:

English
Russian
Chinese
etc.

Of course, to make them high level, you must be standing on a platform or yelling at the top of your lungs. :p

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Apparently the are at least 6900 spoken languages in the world. Picking the top ten is going to be a challenge.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Oh, boy, another urgent homework problem. OK, I'll break my rule just this once and help. Some of the high-level languages I can think of are:

English
Russian
Chinese
etc.

Of course, to make them high level, you must be standing on a platform or yelling at the top of your lungs. :p
Beg to reconsider...

Chinese
Russian
English
etc

hope this helps :p

ho69e3k

Joined Nov 13, 2011
I think nobody took me seriously..
what i mean is computer high level language..
Geez I thought people in this forum are more mature to handle this type of question.. I guess I'm wrong.. <_<

ho69e3k

Joined Nov 13, 2011
We are here to help. But not do the work for you. Here is how we may help you. YOU do some research on the web. Get some numbers. Then post the numbers and some link to your sources. We will at least be able to say if your data looks OK or not

Sir, I do not know what you are talking about.. I am only asking for help with my homework.. If you don't wish to help me, you shouldn't have to reply..
I don't mind if you don't answer because this is not the only forum I have asked this question.. I guess this is a big turn off with this site.. I thought this forum is reliable.. <_<

ho69e3k

Joined Nov 13, 2011
Another thing.. I really DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE WEB.. I AM NOT SOME LAZY STUDENT WHO ONLY DEPENDS ON ONLY ONE SOURCE WHEN IT COMES IN RESEARCHING.. I have already posted this in different forums and searched very diligently on web.. So please don't judge if you don't know the newbie.. that's all.. I don't think that's professional or maybe smart to judge newbies like me.. <_<

ho69e3k

Joined Nov 13, 2011
Btw, Screw the moderators in this forum who moved this thread in the right section.. Now everyone misunderstood my question and they are all fooling around.. Please delete my account in your site if you may..

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Hello ho69e3k,

It's unfortunate that your experience with the forum turned sour. Generally respect is accorded by members to other members irrespective of one's member status - 'newbie' or otherwise.

'Homework' can be a tricky thing. The reality is, that if you fail to comply with the terms concerning homework posts you'll potentially find yourself the target of the rising frustration of forum members .... particularly when they feel they are being prevailed upon to 'deliver the goods' by a particular deadline and where the OP has apparently not even taken the trouble to form an answer or opinion of their own - however flawed the said answer might possibly be.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=3002

Notwithstanding your latter protests & claims, your initial post gave no indication whatsoever that you had done any background research.

If you operate 'within the rules of the game' you'll get no 'Smart Alec' responses.

Hopefully you find the time & good will to give the forum another chance. There may be more long term benefits in staying around - Even though you unfairly blamed the moderators who are the undeserving recipients of your scorn and innocent victims of some unhelpful responses to your question.

My apologies for any disrespect shown to you on my part.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

There are many high level programming languages.
Ada, ALgol, BASIC, COBOL, C, C++, FORTRAN, LISP, Pascal ,Prolog, phyton and java are some of them.

Bertus

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You missed APL, one of my all time favorites.

I once wrote a program in APL to place players in their fielding positions in a coed softball team, something that would have been very difficult to do in any other language.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Also Labview. Labview is used in many measurement and data acquisition system around the world.
Well then you would have to add MATLAB. I did not mention either Labview or MATLAB because I would have placed those more into a gui platform than a language, like Hypercard, if anyone can remember that. Once I developed an app written in Hypercard to automate a radio-isotope delivery process.