Need Urgent help logic circuits

redon123

Joined Jan 13, 2016
I am studying computer sience in my 1st year in colenge and I have to make this circuit so I get 20% of my total grade .In all subjects I am doing great expect circuit so I need help for this project. So we have to generate our id with x53 code into a led , I have no idea how to do this and cant explain but i put an image of my frends finnished homework and from that someone can make the same thing for my id (witch is 151635380)
http://imgur.com/a/csYBn

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Let's make sure we understand what you are asking for.

You have an assignment that you are supposed to complete, but you have no idea how to do it and can't even explain it.

But you DO have a completed project from a friend in which the only difference is the ID number that needs to be used.

But you can't understand your friend's work well enough to figure out what needs to be changed.

So you want strangers to do your work for you without and don't believe you should be expected to put in any effort at all or understand the solution you plan to submit and claim credit for.

Would you feel comfortable going to a doctor that got through medical school taking the approach you are trying to take?

redon123

Joined Jan 13, 2016
Let's make sure we understand what you are asking for.

You have an assignment that you are supposed to complete, but you have no idea how to do it and can't even explain it.

But you DO have a completed project from a friend in which the only difference is the ID number that needs to be used.

But you can't understand your friend's work well enough to figure out what needs to be changed.

So you want strangers to do your work for you without and don't believe you should be expected to put in any effort at all or understand the solution you plan to submit and claim credit for.

Would you feel comfortable going to a doctor that got through medical school taking the approach you are trying to take?
Look I just need help once and I would appreciate very much if you would help me right now , as I said I am doing very good in other subjects and this is only one I am lacking behind , if I get this done I will do all other future homeworks myself, I just need some help to boost me so pleas I see this is easy for you so I beg you to just hellp me. If I get this 20% I will be allways thankfull to you

redon123

Joined Jan 13, 2016
Do you have a link to the course website so that we can see exactly what the problem is?
Sorry i dont have one bacause the colledge website is private but I will try to explain as best as i can: we need to make a tabel with our id (mine 151635380) to xs5(or x53) code ( here is a link to my frends id 4kQxTRz ) and we use carnof diagram and we display the results in the circuit.
I will send more examples and thankyou so much for help

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Most of us are not disposed to do that for you. This is Homework Help, not homework done for you. You can show us what you have done so far and we may or may not be able to guide you further. That's as good as it gets. If that is unacceptable to you, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe some bored soul will derive joy from giving you a bogus answer, which you will turn in, and get a failing grade. At least I won't go that far.

Last edited:

redon123

Joined Jan 13, 2016
Most of us are not disposed to do that for you. This is Homework Help, not homework done for you. You can show us what you have done so far and we may or may not be able to guide you further. That's as good as it get. If that is unacceptable to you, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe some bored soul will derive joy from giving you a bogus answer, which you will turn in, and get a failing grade. At least I won't go that far.
I dont know why you are so mad at me.flr nothing , I understand all my subjects (java langauage , math ,it , english lan , academic writing ) this is only thing I am behind , I just need help once and I will start to study this subject too and master it like other subject.I only request for help as I would help someone who turned to me

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I dont know why you are so mad at me.flr nothing , I understand all my subjects (java langauage , math ,it , english lan , academic writing ) this is only thing I am behind , I just need help once and I will start to study this subject too and master it like other subject.I only request for help as I would help someone who turned to me
I'm not mad at you, and I didn't use uppercase letters, which many consider to be the equivalent of yelling. I'm a strictly dispassionate observer trying to make you aware of certain unpleasant (for you) realities. You can shoot the messenger if you like, I don't care, but it still won't help you find what you are seeking. What people will respond to is a sincere effort on your part to solve the problem for yourself and show us how you think it should look. Do that, and I forsee a wave of helpful comments. Ultimately it is your choice on how to proceed.

P.S. The use of the word "Urgent' in the title is a dead giveaway about the nature of your question.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Hi,

Please read this post. This is from that post:
When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions.
Where are your attempts?

Note the second paragraph. "Give your posting a descriptive title."

If you do that, I'll bet you'll get all the help and guidance you need to get the 20%.

redon123

Joined Jan 13, 2016
Hi,

Please read this post. This is from that post:

Where are your attempts?

Note the second paragraph. "Give your posting a descriptive title."

If you do that, I'll bet you'll get all the help and guidance you need to get the 20%.
Well i never missed a class in circuits but I just dont get the subject , I read from our college online course but this is just not for me , I need more time and more research online but for now this is where I hope I will get help.

redon123

Joined Jan 13, 2016
What is the name of the university/college and the name of the course that you are requesting help for?
Well the name of the course is bases of electronic circuits , about the college name I dont feel safe telling you since you know my id

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You do realize that many professors may have accounts here and are watching for students trying to take shortcuts. It baffles me why you would want to risk your tuition money and your reputation to avoid an investment of time and effort on your part.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I need help for this project.
If you want help, post your work (start with truth tables and Kmaps) and someone will attempt to guide you to a solution.

If you're asking for someone to simply do the work for you, as others have noted, that isn't going to happen unless some member goes against the intent of the Homework Help forum.
we have to generate our id with x53 code into a led
From the images you posted, it seems like the problem is an Excess-3 converter to a 7 segment display. Break it down into two problems; that's the way most would do it. Also specify which bits are MSB and LSB. The work you posted seems to be backwards from the usual convention.

EDIT: Actually, I can't tell what it is from the images...
, I have no idea how to do this and cant explain but i put an image of my frends finnished homework and from that someone can make the same thing for my id (witch is 151635380)
Is the solution supposed to be general (e.g. work for all numbers) or just a solution for the numbers in your ID?

Last edited:

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Break it down into two problems; that's the way most would do it.
Why solve two problems when you can solve just one? Unless the actual assignment is to solve two problems, one could put the BCD ID numbers directly into a seven-segment decoder for Excess-3 display (while taking advantage of the fact that numbers not in the ID won't need to be displayed). Can we assume that student ID digits greater than 6 should be displayed as hexadecimal numbers in Excess-3 code?

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Redon, do you need to make a BCD to x53 converter as the first step in this assignment. From the posted work, I can't tell if that is required or not. One step at a time, please answer that first.

Anyone know why colleges seem to want to teach excess-3 codes so often? I know why they were important in the fifties and sixties, but there's really no need now. I think it would be more important to teach ASCII, maybe EBCDIC, and newer expanded character codes. Maybe that comes later.