Urgent Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dare Diamond

Joined Jan 31, 2015
Hello everybody.
Please I need your Priceless guidance
First of all I am not an Electronic Student.
I learnt the little I know by reading online, asking questions and doing self-monitored practicals in my small room.

I want to build a device that boost Power Supply from a smaller AC source (e.g 500W Inverter, 650W Gasoline Generator) to higher level high enough to power resistive loads like Pressing Iron, Electric Cooker, Hot Air Gun etc.
Why?
In my country with low standard of living, there is no regular supply of Government controlled Power Supply. So majority of people like me choose to generating Electricity themselves whenever they need it to do important things. And the chepeast availble means is to buy a gasoline generator of 650W. But the 650W power output is too low to power Pressing Iron and other resistive load types.
So I thougth of finding a way to boost the Current as that is really what as to bé boosted in order to achieve ones goal.
Through my several reseach online, I discovered that when Diode and Capacitor are used to Convert AC to DC, the Current Increases. But the output current is neither real DC nor AC; it's always PULSING.

Now I then thougth of it that if such is the case, then a Power Booster can bé made from such discovery using High Capcitance AC Capacitors and Befitting Diodes.

While thinking of this, I discovered a readymade circuit on http://homemadecircuitsandschematic...neratoralternator-ac-voltage-booster.html?m=1 which the designer said it works as a Booster.
I bougth the primay components which are 2 IN4007 1000V Diodes and 2 475J 400V AC capacitors. The Diodes are connected in series and the Capacitors too are connected in series. The 2 remaining legs on the Capcitors and Diodes are now connetively paired as seen in the Circuits above.

I powered the Set-up with 240AC and took a reading of the output Voltage and was surprised to discovered that the Output was as high as 540V.
At this junction, I now came up with the Idea of reducing the Voltage with 2 Resitors of same Ohm rating of 120K 1W to usable safe level of 200V to 300V.

Yes I was able to reduce the Voltage but I could not Power anything with the resulting Voltage.
Please people why could this bé??
I learnt Resistors primarily works to reduce Current flow in a Circuit by dividing it so could it bé that the 120KOhms resistors I used in dividing the voltage is responsible for the Low output current?

If yes,will it bé appropite to connect in Series two 1Ohm resistor like this ones here http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...0150120105831&SearchText=1+ohm+50W++resistor+ to simply divide the voltage and leave the output current untouched?
If yes, where will it bé most appropite to apply the Resistors?
At the Output level as seen in Circuit 1 or at the Input Level as seen in Circuit 2?
If I use 2 1Ohm resistors connected in series to divide the voltage, will it actually leave to Current untouched or will it divide it still?

Please help me out by answering my questions 1-by-1
:::::::::::
Now as for the main Output Voltage type both in Circuit 1 and 2 which is in Pulsing DC or Pulsing AC, how can I successfully Convert it to real AC?
What are the available ways both cheap and costly?
Thank you everyone in view as you relief me of my Conc Curiousity.

power%20booster%20circuit%201n2.jpg power%20booster%20circuit%201n2.jpg

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hello everybody.
Please I need your Priceless guidance
First of all I am not an Electronic Student.
I learnt the little I know by reading online, asking questions and doing self-monitored practicals in my small room.

I want to build a device that boost Power Supply from a smaller AC source (e.g 500W Inverter, 650W Gasoline Generator) to higher level high enough to power resistive loads like Pressing Iron, Electric Cooker, Hot Air Gun etc.
Why?
In my country with low standard of living, there is no regular supply of Government controlled Power Supply. So majority of people like me choose to generating Electricity themselves whenever they need it to do important things. And the chepeast availble means is to buy a gasoline generator of 650W. But the 650W power output is too low to power Pressing Iron and other resistive load types.
So I thougth of finding a way to boost the Current as that is really what as to bé boosted in order to achieve ones goal.
Through my several reseach online, I discovered that when Diode and Capacitor are used to Convert AC to DC, the Current Increases. But the output current is neither real DC nor AC; it's always PULSING.

Now I then thougth of it that if such is the case, then a Power Booster can bé made from such discovery using High Capcitance AC Capacitors and Befitting Diodes.

While thinking of this, I discovered a readymade circuit on http://homemadecircuitsandschematic...neratoralternator-ac-voltage-booster.html?m=1 which the designer said it works as a Booster.
I bougth the primay components which are 2 IN4007 1000V Diodes and 2 475J 400V AC capacitors. The Diodes are connected in series and the Capacitors too are connected in series. The 2 remaining legs on the Capcitors and Diodes are now connetively paired as seen in the Circuits above.

I powered the Set-up with 240AC and took a reading of the output Voltage and was surprised to discovered that the Output was as high as 540V.
At this junction, I now came up with the Idea of reducing the Voltage with 2 Resitors of same Ohm rating of 120K 1W to usable safe level of 200V to 300V.

Yes I was able to reduce the Voltage but I could not Power anything with the resulting Voltage.
Please people why could this bé??
I learnt Resistors primarily works to reduce Current flow in a Circuit by dividing it so could it bé that the 120KOhms resistors I used in dividing the voltage is responsible for the Low output current?

If yes,will it bé appropite to connect in Series two 1Ohm resistor like this ones here http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20150120105831&SearchText=1 ohm 50W resistor to simply divide the voltage and leave the output current untouched?
If yes, where will it bé most appropite to apply the Resistors?
At the Output level as seen in Circuit 1 or at the Input Level as seen in Circuit 2?
If I use 2 1Ohm resistors connected in series to divide the voltage, will it actually leave to Current untouched or will it divide it still?

Please help me out by answering my questions 1-by-1
Now as for the main Output Voltage type both in Circuit 1 and 2 which is in Pulsing DC or Pulsing AC, how can I successfully Convert it to real AC?
What are the available ways both cheap and costly?
Thank you everyone in view as you relief me of my Conc Curiousity.

View attachment 79754 View attachment 79754
I'm sorry to tell you that you cannot increase the power of anything if you do not pump extra power in it.
In other words, you may increase the voltage of your generator, but then current available will decrease. Or you may decrease the voltage and the available current will increase... but you cannot ever increase the power output in watts of your device if you don't do a major modification and also increase its power input (like the horsepower of the generator's engine)
On of the equations that define power is Power = Volts * Current (P = VxI), another one is P = I^2 x R

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I think cmartinez has a typo and meant to say that, "Or you may decrease the voltage and the available current will 'increase'...", but his point is on the money -- you can't get more power out than you put in. This is like saying that gasoline is very hard to come by in your country so you want to modify your gas tank so that if you put 10 gallons into it you can get 20 gallons out of it.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I think cmartinez has a typo and meant to say that, "Or you may decrease the voltage and the available current will 'increase'...", but his point is on the money -- you can't get more power out than you put in. This is like saying that gasoline is very hard to come by in your country so you want to modify your gas tank so that if you put 10 gallons into it you can get 20 gallons out of it.
Yeah... it was a typo, thanks for correcting me. I've already edited and corrected my post.

Dare Diamond

Joined Jan 31, 2015
I thank everyone who as contributed so far.
But people, Laws made by mortal man can bé challenged and disprove by his fellow man bécause we are all imperfect.
There is actually a device I saw with a friend which was invented by a Nigerian that beat that so called Ohms Law hands down!!!
It is just that the device is hard to get in my region that's is why I choose to buid my own booster using the AC to Pulsing DC Method as it as been well proven that when AC is Converter to Pulsing AC or in other words, Pulsing DC, the Current, do increase and when Coupled with high capacitance AC Capacitors generates over 3 times input Power.

As for the said Nigerian-Invented Power Booster, untill the day I saw it being used to Boost the Output Power of a 650W Generator Set to Power an Electric stove, I did not belive it is posible to get 10 out of 0.5!!
I was so so Shocked to see a 650W alternator powering an upward of 2500W load.

I managed to get my friend to unscrew the Device to see the internal components and what we saw are what each one of you is seeing in the Pictures attached to this post.
There is a hidden part which I think is the Secret Power House of the device.

Well we do know what is/are hidden in that totally enclosed mini-Circuit.

There as never been any usermanual to all Resources created by God. Mortal men discover via what they call "research" but I will rather call it Systemized Trial and Error. What an Error indeed!

Attachments

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yes, the hidden part that they didn't let you see was the "Secret Power House" of the device -- most likely a battery and inverter. Had you insisted that the device be demonstrated continuously for any length of time (an hour, a day, a week, depends on the battery capacity), you would have seen that this "Booster" could only boost the power output for a limited amount of time.

Dare Diamond

Joined Jan 31, 2015
WBahn someone else bougth the device and managed to uncover the said Power House and brougth it up on this page here http://homemadecircuitsandschematic...neratoralternator-ac-voltage-booster.html?m=1
Read the page quietly and very Carefully and tell me if anything like Battery and inverter was mentioned.

Yes, the hidden part that they didn't let you see was the "Secret Power House" of the device -- most likely a battery and inverter. Had you insisted that the device be demonstrated continuously for any length of time (an hour, a day, a week, depends on the battery capacity), you would have seen that this "Booster" could only boost the power output for a limited amount of time.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Dare,

I meant to tell you, please choose a thread title that is more useful for readers.

"Urgent" always places you at a disadvantage - It puts you at the back of the line.
"Help needed" is not needed and is of no help to anyone.

When you start the thread, keep it short and to the point. No one likes reading through paragraphs of text.
If there is extra info required we will ask

and always give us the big picture up front, i.e. what is the whole project, not just I want to put this square peg into this round hole.

Hope you get the point.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
WBahn someone else bougth the device and managed to uncover the said Power House and brougth it up on this page here http://homemadecircuitsandschematic...neratoralternator-ac-voltage-booster.html?m=1
Read the page quietly and very Carefully and tell me if anything like Battery and inverter was mentioned.
I don't really care what they claim to have found. The simple fact is that for all I know this person is just the conman himself trying to re-enforce his con.

Now, if someone wants to get me to believe that they have a device that can take 650W of input power and deliver 2500W of output power without using any form of stored energy contained within the device, they can do so very easily and very profitably. Once we are in firm agreement on what they claim to be able to do, then I will devise a set of tests that will satisfy me that they are able to do so. Once I sign off on the results of those tests, then if I can get them national recognition in both the mainstream and scientific communities within one year I will get 1% ownership of all IP associated with the device, 1% of all gross sales and royalties associated with the device, and the non-exclusive right to market and manufacture the device. If I can't, then I will give them my house, free and clear.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Ahh, I see.
It is not really a power increaser, but a power reducer. What it does is reduce the voltage to your iron by a process called PWM. This will work for things like lights (although they will be dimmer) or Irons where they just turn on and off to maintain the heat. So what happens is your iron "works" now because it doesn't overload the generator, but it will only get 1/2 as hot - but it will "work". :)
Be careful what you use it with. some things don't like 1/2 voltage.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
As for the said Nigerian-Invented Power Booster, untill the day I saw it being used to Boost the Output Power of a 650W Generator Set to Power an Electric stove, I did not belive it is posible to get 10 out of 0.5!!
I was so so Shocked to see a 650W alternator powering an upward of 2500W load.
Then why doesn't someone do the following:

Take a 650W alternator and use one of these to produce 2500W. To make things easy, I'm sure that they can get 2600W out of it making the power gain a nice factor of 4 (or, comparably, they can probably improve the efficiency so that they can get the 2500W with a power input of only 625 W from the alternator. And, of course, a 650W alternator is actually a pretty small car alternator, so that is what we are starting with.

So take the alternator and power one of these to get 2500W. Then use that to power four more to get a total of 10kW. Then use that to power 16 more to get a total output of 40kW. Then use that to power 64 more to get 160kW. Then use that to power 256 more to get 480kW. Then use that to power 1024 more and get over 2.5MW. Now you can use a small car to power a small city. A few more layers and you can use that car to power a small country and a few more layers and you can use that car to power the entire planet.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Laws made by mortal man can be challenged and disproved by his fellow man because we are all imperfect.

There is actually a device I saw with a friend which was invented by a Nigerian that beat that so called Ohms Law hands down!!!

There has never been any user manual to all Resources created by God. Mortal men discover via what they call "research" but I will rather call it Systematized Trial and Error. What an Error indeed!
Unfortunately for you, thousands of people have spent millions of hours and produced billions of machines that prove Ohm's Law is entirely correct. Ohm's Law was not legislated into existence or made up by a person. It was derived from measuring physical reality, as simply as observing that fire makes water boil. The only difference is precision. "How much fire makes how much water boil in how many minutes" resembles, "how much voltage causes how many amps to flow in how much resistance". After thousands of different people measure these things several million times, and they all come up with the same answer, there is no room left to dispute the results.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
No, It's not over unity, it's way under unity.
The gadget is like 1/2 wave rectifies the voltage, so if the load is resistive the power goes down and the generator keeps running, but your coffee only gets 1/2 as hot.:rolleyes:

Dare Diamond

Joined Jan 31, 2015
Joeyd999 the product is not a scam. The one a friend the said friend of mine bougth 5 years ago is still with him and working till now.
The device is in no way over-unity becusse it requires an input and it does not power it source but contrary to Rony's thought,it works perfectly by getting "your cofee" %100 "hot".
The device is now very hard to get that is why I wanna build a similar one using the benefits in AC to Pulsing DC conversion.
Well Wbahn, the rotation of the world dictates the time each region of the World sees ligth from the Sun.

RamaD

Joined Dec 4, 2009
No, It's not over unity, it's way under unity.
The gadget is like 1/2 wave rectifies the voltage, so if the load is resistive the power goes down and the generator keeps running, but your coffee only gets 1/2 as hot.:rolleyes:
Exactly.
@DareDiamond:
I think ronv meant that the coffee would get 1/2 as hot in the same time as it would take when the full voltage is available. You can certainly have your full 100% hot coffee, except that it would take double the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.