Urgent!! About power supply

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Greetings connie,
I would first apologize for the comments of those members who have belittled your request for assistance..

I too believe that the zener diode was inadvertantly drawn backward.
Hello hgmjr, connie & other interested folk,

Apologies from me also to connie if I appear to have implied the understanding of the circuit is in any way simple or obvious.
:)
<Having some fun>
I'll explain another way: We get a LOT of questions about similar looking circuits that ARE blatantly simple, and people want 'us' to do their homework for them. Sometimes we do, but we aren't around when it comes to the final test or employment time. It's a "Real World vs. Academic" thing, and I don't understand some of teacher/prof's motives for some of the silly questions I've helped with.

In your case, it is blatantly obvious that the circuit above is some sort of power supply, we just don't know exactly how it works. I didn't know either! It is a GREAT question!

Reason for this sidetrack is the fact I didn't post a guess (a.k.a. "incorrect answer") for you in time to post, so this ONE time, I don't have apologize for misleading.... :p We ALL do Make errors here, most here are merely human. I tend to make more errors than others....

Enough with the sidetracking and back to the topic!
</Having some fun>

Connie
: The fact that the Zener being "backwards" says a bit about how non-obvious it is. Please do not be offended by the thread or this post. My "nonsense" to the above two was for fun.

On Topic:
Do you have a copy of TinaTI or LTSpice? Watching the simulation as t_n_k suggested is informative.

Also, here is the schematic:

Attachments

Last edited: