upgrading to the bright white color lights

jimmysmith7826

Joined Jul 2, 2021
Hello mates,

I have been planning to replace my old halogen headlight bulbs, of course, due to their yellowish look and feel, for quite a long time. But i was not sure if its that big deal. Last night, i hit a cat which i couldn't see in the dark and i am blaming myself for not upgrading to the bright white color lights. I search on the internet and came across this product https://xenons4u.co.uk/h7r-55w-canbus-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html and it seems quite reasonable. I couldn't find the review for this product but overall reviews are good on web. Has anyone shop from this store? please let me know if it's good to go thing. Thanks in advance

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Those gas-discharge headlights are very useful for blinding oncoming drivers, and possibly any cats that may venture onto the roadway. Proper headlight aiming is rather important, and is less expensive than replacement of the headlamp assemblies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Don't know where you are living, but before spending money, check to make sure what ever replacement lights you chose are legal. State and country laws vary to what is allowed.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
In Canada it is illegal to tamper with vehicle lighting.
It is obvious when a kid's modified car blinds oncoming drivers.
Also their tampered exhaust system deafens everybody.
Since their glass is blackened then nobody can see the young driver.
The sparks produced by the lowered car chassis are also obvious because the shock absorbers are destroyed causing the car to keep bouncing along.
Blasting radio?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Do you feel that something like this could help? Still halogen, but perhaps much easier and cheaper to fit in your car...
https://www.osram.com/ecat/COOL BLUE INTENSE-Halogen headlight lamps-Car lighting-Automotive/com/en/GPS01_1056960/ZMP_1024629/
It's only decorative. It has a blue filter on the bulb which reduces some of the red and green light coming from the lamp. The overall effect is to reduce the amount of light, but to give the impression that you might have the "GT" model with the fancy xenon headlights, when you don't.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Last night, i hit a cat which i couldn't see in the dark and i am blaming myself for not upgrading to the bright white color lights.
Before you worry about headlights you may want to see an optometrist as to your night vision. As to headlights as used on automotive there are standards which apply to brightness and headlights must be aimed correctly as to Hi/Low beams. This is how it is in the US anyway. Anyway your problem of not seeing something at night may be attributed to night blindness. I was about 50 when I got my first corrective lenses and was amazed how much my night vision improved, even though I could easily pass my driver's license renewal vision test less corrective lenses.

Ron

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The guy who hit the cat might have his windshield illegally tinted too much.

On Canadian and US made cars I notice that Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps have their high beams blinding oncoming drivers in the cloudy daytime with their Daytime Running Lights. VW and KIA cars are recently copying them.

Most (stupid) drivers drive around at night with their high beams blinding everybody because they do not know how to change between high and low beams.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The guy who hit the cat might have his windshield illegally tinted too much.
Then too, maybe not. Maybe he should have a tint test? Window Tint Percentage Laws In The US By State. Maybe the window tint police should investigate?

On Canadian and US made cars I notice that Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps have their high beams blinding oncoming drivers in the cloudy daytime with their Daytime Running Lights. VW and KIA cars are recently copying them.
Haven't noticed that but there are specifications covering that. While in the US the individual states can make mandates but it's all covered in Federal regulations. Automobile Headlight Specifications. Your comment clearly reflects discrimination against the manufacturers you mention. Are you suggesting they are manufacturing headlight systems in non-compliance with the laws?

Most (stupid) drivers drive around at night with their high beams blinding everybody because they do not know how to change between high and low beams.
Naw, you had it right, they are just stupid I doubt it's because they don't know how to switch between High and Low beams.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am aware that there are regulations about the depth of window tinting, but it seems that they are not enforced unless the driver has done something else and been topped for that offense. Or it might be that the rule only applies to the front glass.
And of course those fools whoalways have the fog lights on because they think that somehow more light increases their safety. But they do not understand that dazzling oncoming drivers is not safe. As for the cat in the road, that is unfortunate. But roads are for cars, not cats, dog, or people on foot.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hello mates,

I have been planning to replace my old halogen headlight bulbs, of course, due to their yellowish look and feel, for quite a long time. But i was not sure if its that big deal. Last night, i hit a cat which i couldn't see in the dark and i am blaming myself for not upgrading to the bright white color lights. I search on the internet and came across this product https://xenons4u.co.uk/h7r-55w-canbus-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html and it seems quite reasonable. I couldn't find the review for this product but overall reviews are good on web. Has anyone shop from this store? please let me know if it's good to go thing. Thanks in advance
Every time a new member's first post includes some random product on some random website, I have a strong feeling they are the owner of the domain and just looking for some web traffic. Spam.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Well years ago I was a moderator on the old Maximum PC forums, originally the old Com Port forums. We has at our disposal the ability to do a domain lookup of any visitors. The server collected all sorts of information. Visit this web page and learn a few of the basics a server side collects. The data could be parsed and stuff like banned members easily found trying a new name. In the example I have given nothing is collected or stored but the ability is there. :)

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Following the link leads me to think that is not the case.
JUST WHAT SORT OF EVIDENCE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?????
You don't have to yell - I'm not "looking" for any. I just assumed you had evidence as Ron described because you used the phrase, "I find..." which implies you "found" something. But, if you use the phrase, "I find" and you really mean, "I think", or "I believe...", or "I have a feeling", or "my Spidy Senses are telling me...", then you should probably use one of those phrases.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You don't have to yell - I'm not "looking" for any. I just assumed you had evidence as Ron described because you used the phrase, "I find..." which implies you "found" something. But, if you use the phrase, "I find" and you really mean, "I think", or "I believe...", or "I have a feeling", or "my Spidy Senses are telling me...", then you should probably use one of those phrases.
They don't do that on either Planet Michigan or Canada.

What Audio is calling HIGH Beams is probably only Projector Beam head lights.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
32 years ago my Pontiac car had high beams, low beams, turn signals and parking lights. Dimmed low beams were used as Daytime Running Lights but Chrysler and a few other companies were afraid of burning out the low beams soon to they used the high beams for Daytime Running Lights.
Modern cars use LEDs as a mustache for Daytime Running Lights except Chrysler who still use the high beam projector lights because they are afraid of burning out the low beam projectors soon.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
32 years ago my Pontiac car had high beams, low beams, turn signals and parking lights. Dimmed low beams were used as Daytime Running Lights but Chrysler and a few other companies were afraid of burning out the low beams soon to they used the high beams for Daytime Running Lights.
Modern cars use LEDs as a mustache for Daytime Running Lights except Chrysler who still use the high beam projector lights because they are afraid of burning out the low beam projectors soon.
That almost makes some sense. High beams are not so very blinding in the daytime, especially if they are still connected in series. Of course that would make headlight switching a bit more complicated. What years does that sort of scheme include?