Understanding this DIY Moisturizing Transducer

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
I simply put it on the top of the water level. Not mounted, just lay it there.
So i need to make sure the vibrations is okay.

Last edited:

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Your "moisturizer" is a plain piezoelectric disc resonating at 108KHz. Its resonance is a -nobody knows- when immersed in a liquid. So, when immersed about 10mm, hunt the frequency for the maximum fog production.
Your "signal generator" may work with it if ran at higher voltage, perhaps around 20V +
A key to make it work is holding the rim of the piezo disc unafected by its own vibration.
The duty cycle should be better at 50%.

The whole thing, done :
----> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

And these above work at typically 1.8MHz.

If you want wimpy ones at 5Volt;
----> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...68#1000022185#1000066059#0_668#3468#15613#418

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Specifications:
Type: Atomizer Film Plate
Diameter:16mm
Color: white
Driving Voltage:DC 3-12V
Power:2.5W max.(Normal use 1.5W)
Resonant frequency: 108.0±5.0kHz
Resonant Impedance: 150Ωmax
Input voltage: 5~13V DC
Rated Voltage: 70Vp-p max
Service Life:>3000h
Atomization Amout: 50~100ml/hour
Cord length: 80mm
These specifications do not describe a piezo element vaporizer. The description is for a whole system. And probably the TS got no decription at all of what the thing with the white housing actually is. So the very first thing to do is to use an ohm meter and measure the resistance from red to black, and then from black to red, using both meter polarities. A piezo device does not have a DC input voltage, it has an AC input voltage. If there is an internal electronics package the resistance will be different for the two polarities. In that case the thing is to supply a DC voltage . And do not immerse the thing, it is not water proof. Only the portion with the diphram opening should be exposed to water. IN a standard vapor producing system there is about a half inch of water over the diaphram opening.
And if the thing has the same low resistance in both directions then it is an electrodynamic speaker of some kind.

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
Okay I think I understand now.
I am new into electronics and I am trying to learn. I didn't think of how much power it needed other than the voltage and I didn't realize it needed AC voltage. I am not that good at Chinglish yet.

Thanks for all your help. Now I have plenty information to work with.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, it seems that the circuit is not inside that white assembly with the disk. A lot like the touchtone decoders I bought a while back No information on such important details as the driving voltage max for the audio input. The problem is not mostly the language difference, it is the total lack of any technical understanding at the seller end. Not even enough to know what to copy and paste.