Under Cabinet Tape LED Issues

singleshot

Joined Feb 13, 2020
I have installed 24V tape LED lighting under my kitchen cabinets. I am using a 200W power supply because I am also installing magnet switch operated in cabinet lighting.
The issue is with the power supply plugged in, my Delta Touch2O faucet will not work when touched. I have tried relocating the power supple as far away from the faucet as possible (about 10 ft). The faucet works as designed with the power supply unplugged. The power supply for the faucet solenoid is 6 AA batteries. I have found that if I hold the plastic battery pack in my hand the faucet works. I have tried using tin foil as a Faraday cage around the battery pack, solenoid and the LED power supply, none of these helped. I have also wrapped the plastic battery pack with tin foil and then with none insulated wire and grounded. This seemed to work but not consistently.
Any ideas? I can't be the only one who has had this problem.

roadey_carl

Joined Jun 5, 2009
I have installed 24V tape LED lighting under my kitchen cabinets. I am using a 200W power supply because I am also installing magnet switch operated in cabinet lighting.
The issue is with the power supply plugged in, my Delta Touch2O faucet will not work when touched. I have tried relocating the power supple as far away from the faucet as possible (about 10 ft). The faucet works as designed with the power supply unplugged. The power supply for the faucet solenoid is 6 AA batteries. I have found that if I hold the plastic battery pack in my hand the faucet works. I have tried using tin foil as a Faraday cage around the battery pack, solenoid and the LED power supply, none of these helped. I have also wrapped the plastic battery pack with tin foil and then with none insulated wire and grounded. This seemed to work but not consistently.
Any ideas? I can't be the only one who has had this problem.
It sounds like the LED power supply has poor filtering. What brand is the power supply?
Try temporarily connecting the battery negative to the ground of the switch mode power supply.

All switch mode power supplies leak a small amount of current to earth. Because the tap uses a separate electrical system to the rest of the house, if the potential of the tap sensor is raised, it will not turn on. The way this would happen is if noise / current is introduced to the earthing of the main electrical system... the potential required for the sensor to turn the tap on has now been raised through the water in your pipes which are connected to earth..... so the tap wont turn on.